Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #1191
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia

I got my first brain coral last night. Any advice about them you can give?
Which brain are you referring to, now that I think about it? Favaties, lobo, open?

Old 03-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #1192
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF
All of the other corals seem to be doing well - all showing nice polyp extension. One bad thing, I had to cut back the photo-period as I was starting to get a hair algae breakout on a few of the frag plugs. It was especially affecting the LPS coral plugs.
That's great! I've been on his site a few times but he can be a little pricy. I've debated ordering because of the bad reviews and the pricing. But you gave me hope. Lol

Old 03-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #1193
Aquarium Advice Addict

I figure 21 frags for $150 isn't bad. Only lost one tiny one. The hair is out of control now. I spent all morning trying to pull it off the frags, siphon and remove but it's terrible. I add no food, have lots of live rock, and a 4-hour photo period... Hmmm.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #1194

I had same algae problem on an acan lord. I thinly it was actually byropsis bit between pulling it and the coral fighting the lord over grew it. They have remarkable algae fighting ability.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #1195
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:

Which brain are you referring to, now that I think about it? Favaties, lobo, open?
This guy

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1541414057.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	83036
Old 03-18-2012, 02:11 AM   #1196
Aquarium Advice Addict

Very nice coral
Old 03-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #1197
Aquarium Advice Addict

Gotcha: here's the info from LA: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...429&pcatid=429
Old 03-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #1198
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Quote:
Wow. I've still been calling them welso brains. I learned something new.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:30 AM   #1199
Aquarium Advice Addict

Updates and news:

54 gallon tank -> going strong, no issues, no deaths, all is great and growing.

10 gallon frag tank -> only had one frag not make it, and it was a freebie one. All the others are doing great, encrusing and great PE. There is hair algae growing on the frag plugs. I tried to scrape it off with a razor and pull it off, but it only made it 10x worse. I think I need to add a crab or two to help the fight.

Going tomorrow to buy a 29 gallon biocube. Found on CL - talked down to $100. Great shape, but needs one bulb replaced. This is going to be a low-light reef / angler tank!

Off topic:

Found out about (3) hours ago that my identity was stolen, so I've got to try to straighten that out tomorrow. I got a call from my bank today, "Did you go golfing today?" Yes. "Are you in Florida?" Absolutely not. "Okay, well you have nearly $1000 charged on multiple charges from Walmart in Florida from earlier today. Your card is now disabled and your account balance just went negative."

Japan - found out that minimum it is pushed back until the end of summer, and at a max, the program is no longer available and I'll end up in Mexico instead...

We shall see. I will keep everyone posted on any new happenenings as they occur.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:35 AM   #1200
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Updates and news:

54 gallon tank -> going strong, no issues, no deaths, all is great and growing.

10 gallon frag tank -> only had one frag not make it, and it was a freebie one. All the others are doing great, encrusing and great PE. There is hair algae growing on the frag plugs. I tried to scrape it off with a razor and pull it off, but it only made it 10x worse. I think I need to add a crab or two to help the fight.

Going tomorrow to buy a 29 gallon biocube. Found on CL - talked down to $100. Great shape, but needs one bulb replaced. This is going to be a low-light reef / angler tank!

Off topic:

Found out about (3) hours ago that my identity was stolen, so I've got to try to straighten that out tomorrow. I got a call from my bank today, "Did you go golfing today?" Yes. "Are you in Florida?" Absolutely not. "Okay, well you have nearly $1000 charged on multiple charges from Walmart in Florida from earlier today. Your card is now disabled and your account balance just went negative."

Japan - found out that minimum it is pushed back until the end of summer, and at a max, the program is no longer available and I'll end up in Mexico instead...

We shall see. I will keep everyone posted on any new happenenings as they occur.
Wow that sucks! Hope you get your money back plus more for the stress and problems this caused you.

Tags
corner, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com