Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #1311
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by acolotto View Post
Sorry not to try and jack the thread but what's the purpose of the carbon and phosban reactor? Like what are its advantages in a reef tank?
Cleaner water and lower nutrients like nitrate and phosphates.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #1312
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
You have yoru frag rack up top in your reef? I thought you had an actual frag tank going?
I do have frag tank.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #1313
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Nice. Totally didn't look like what I thought on the close up.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #1314
Aquarium Advice Addict

No problem. Thanks.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #1315
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lookie what I got...
Old 04-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #1316
Aquarium Advice Addict

You may be able to tell in the picture that my Carbon has seen better days. Well it came cracked and lots of carbon got out (about half). I called BRS and they were AWESOME. The guy told me to salvage what I could and he IMMEDIATELY sent me out another half gallon for free!

I asked them if they wanted me to send pictures or the product back and he said, "Consider it a bonus, you can send pics if you like, but no worries."

WOW!

Best customer service in history. Very pleasant and even told me that this has happened before, and that they plan for it for about 1 out of every 150-200 has an issue.

Great stuff, and that is why I will continue to order from them.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #1317
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF
Lookie what I got...
I set mine up 4 days ago now. Water is clearer and corals are mire open. Everything looks better.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #1318
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjamontan View Post
I set mine up 4 days ago now. Water is clearer and corals are mire open. Everything looks better.
Certainly glad to hear that!

I got mine running now. Tested Phosphate @ .07PPM with a Hanna, so not bad I guess...

I also did a few things today to the tank. The corals were starting to outgrow each other so I added a couple pcs of the base rock I had left over from Reefrocks. What a joke, I didn't plan well at all. I thought the pcs looked smaller and so the plan that I had to add them backfired. I ended up breaking a piece off the Montipora Cap, breaking several small branches of the birdsnest, squished a red mushroom, ticked off the favia, dropped the porites on the candycane, knocked the acropora into the ricordia garden, knocked another pc of nice LR into oblivion. I knocked my humilis coral off its place and can't get it back to normal...

I will never have my hand in this tank again, unless 100% necessary. What a crazy morning.

Lastly, I moved what is left of the bubble coral into the frag tank. It only has two bubbles left...
Old 04-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #1319
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF

Certainly glad to hear that!

I got mine running now. Tested Phosphate @ .07PPM with a Hanna, so not bad I guess...

I also did a few things today to the tank. The corals were starting to outgrow each other so I added a couple pcs of the base rock I had left over from Reefrocks. What a joke, I didn't plan well at all. I thought the pcs looked smaller and so the plan that I had to add them backfired. I ended up breaking a piece off the Montipora Cap, breaking several small branches of the birdsnest, squished a red mushroom, ticked off the favia, dropped the porites on the candycane, knocked the acropora into the ricordia garden, knocked another pc of nice LR into oblivion. I knocked my humilis coral off its place and can't get it back to normal...

I will never have my hand in this tank again, unless 100% necessary. What a crazy morning.

Lastly, I moved what is left of the bubble coral into the frag tank. It only has two bubbles left...
Wow that sucks! You weren't using a blender were you?
Old 04-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #1320
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol - nope - all is good now.

Tags
corner, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com