Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #1451
Aquarium Advice Addict

Seems like you and I are in about the same place. Lots of growth at my place too with opportunites arising. Really want to get into a house too, but for me if I can be debt-free by 33, and then save and pay cash for a house in 2 years, I like that idea too. It's hard to say.

I could go crazy, buy a 90 gallon, fill it with the 54 contents, the extra rock from Mantis build, the BC 29 reef, and the mantis setup and have a massive biotope with everything coexisting. Then sell off the 54, BC, and 40 breeder to pay to stock it and for the other radion... or not.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #1452
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Lol. Yeah, I'm currently debt free. Finished the last payment on my car here...3 months ago I think. There is a guy south east of me who makes tanks from acrylic. He'll make me a 120, 48x24x24, for less than 500. I want to do it badly. But currently, the flooring in my house was destroyed by wood borrowing beetles before I was born into this world. It holds the 55's world, but I don't want to push it with that kind of weight. I'm planning it big too...vortechs will power the 120 to go in tandum with my radions...oh it gives me goosebumps! Lol.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:33 AM   #1453
Aquarium Advice Freak

First thing I did when I got a tank was get home insurance that covers flooding from aquariums.
Just food for thought
Old 02-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #1454
Aquarium Advice Addict

Made a special stop at Preuss Pets in Lansing. They had "Top shelf" aqua cultured RBTA's like I've never seen. Paid an ungodly price, but it is literally glow in the dark. Even with the blue from lights you can see how amazing the color is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2450988933.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	153077  
Old 02-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #1455
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 02-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #1456
Aquarium Advice Freak

Beautiful!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #1457
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's hard to adjust the blue out of a radion, but maybe I'll take one with the lights off in the morning with just the sunlight. It has a bluish disc and the tentacles look, all kidding aside, like a mixture of a pink and orange fluorescent highlighter. With the light completely dark in the small cooler that I was acclimating, I could see it clear as day.

Here's hoping that the clown's like it. So far, nothing...
Old 02-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #1458
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Besides AM, I don't have a blue look in my tank from my radions. I'm using Jonathan's schedule and like it.

In relation to your clowns, print a picture out of clowns using an anemone. Remember, tank bred clowns might never have seen an anemone before and don't know what to do with one. I've read it helps them out.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #1459
Aquarium Advice Addict

Very nice tim very nice.... love those things need to get better lights on my 29 bc so I can have one....
Old 02-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #1460
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
Besides AM, I don't have a blue look in my tank from my radions. I'm using Jonathan's schedule and like it.

In relation to your clowns, print a picture out of clowns using an anemone. Remember, tank bred clowns might never have seen an anemone before and don't know what to do with one. I've read it helps them out.
My lights don't look blue at all until I take a picture.

As far as hosting, my clowns 1st had their huge Duncan's which melted away, then I bought them a small green BTA and they hosted that immediately. It was just too small.

When I just got home from lunch I found them sleeping in it. Success!

Tags
corner, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com