Tim's 54 Gallon Corner -> Going Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You definitely need to switch to IO Reef crystals with what you have.Also put your bubble up in the rocks middle height in your tank,it will thrive there.

Attachments

• image-2594401068.jpg
    image-2594401068.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 104
It truly is - I came out this morning and it didn't look much better than yesterday... I did a pwc and moved it up the rocks and almost immediately it completely opened up and doubled in size... GREAT advice!

Thanks again!

Thanks Greg and Rob.

I wish I could get better pics - honestly it looks fantastic in real-life. I'm very happy with how far it's come.

I feel like it's almost living art!

Yeah my tank seems like it is taking a long time to look good I think its because I have a one year old and all I can is afford 10 dollar frags lol

That's where I am lucky... Been working tons of OT, so I have a $200 budget each month for aquarium stuff and my cat (and he's cheap)

Well I thought I lost an emerald as there was a body laying in the sand last week... Come to find out today, emeralds molt!

Just saw the big guy wearing a nice green suit!

TLTGF said:
Well I thought I lost an emerald as there was a body laying in the sand last week... Come to find out today, emeralds molt!

Just saw the big guy wearing a nice green suit!

Loo. Don't feel bad. My husband thought his prized cleaner shrimp died when it molted. It took 15 minutes to explain that they moly and to find the shrimp still alive for proof. Lol

My cleaner molts all the time, but I still didn't realize somehow... Lol

I didn't know the EC's would molt either. I would have thought mine was dead also had I not seen this. This is one of my fav threads on the board. lol couldn't guess why since your tank & mine are so much alike. I'm still loving the monti, I choose a flower pot as my "center piece" but yours looks so much better. IMO

All invertebrates have to molt, or they couldn't grow. It's tough having to carry your bones on the outside...notable exception is the hermit crab, who just changes out houses.

KC - It's funny, I'm always watching out for your updates too! Gives me inspiration. I am still shamelessly stealing your cascading mushroom idea. I already have plans to pic up a few this weekend to start placing them.

Greg - I swear, if common sense were common, imagine what we could accomplish! I never even thought about it... When my cleaner molts, its pretty obvious to me that its a shell, but seeing the EC molt, it looked like one of the larger hermits pulled him in half - I figured I'd missed an epic battle of the titans the day before.

I suppose if they are molting, its also a good sign for the tank! (y)

TLTGF said:
KC - It's funny, I'm always watching out for your updates too! Gives me inspiration. I am still shamelessly stealing your cascading mushroom idea. I already have plans to pic up a few this weekend to start placing them.

Greg - I swear, if common sense were common, imagine what we could accomplish! I never even thought about it... When my cleaner molts, its pretty obvious to me that its a shell, but seeing the EC molt, it looked like one of the larger hermits pulled him in half - I figured I'd missed an epic battle of the titans the day before.

I suppose if they are molting, its also a good sign for the tank! (y)

You bet...it shows your calcium levels are good as well.

That's great - still waiting on my Hanna checker for Ca. I don't even test for it yet... Need to start ASAP with the weekend bring more sps's to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom