Tim's 54 Gallon Corner -> Going Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TLTGF said:
Pretty sure Rob has a Galaxia that he really likes, but I never tried one. As for elegance - Buffy had issues with hers if I remember correctly. Carey had to give hers away because her clowns nearly killed it trying to host. I think Jody has one as well in her Aussie tank, but I could be mistaken... Hard to keep track.

I'll keep updates on my experience.

It's a really nice coral. Here's mines under my actinics

TLTGF said:
Pretty sure Rob has a Galaxia that he really likes, but I never tried one. As for elegance - Buffy had issues with hers if I remember correctly. Carey had to give hers away because her clowns nearly killed it trying to host. I think Jody has one as well in her Aussie tank, but I could be mistaken... Hard to keep track.

Thats what i have heard, kinda like gonoporia flower pot! Im leaning towards galaxea since ive a got the perfect isolated spot where its long sweeper cant nip at nothing.

That's funny - the reason i got my elegance is for the same reason! Lol - sandbed is about last place I can put LPS without having them too close to each other. I think now I'll be focused on another SPS or two, mushrooms (various), and MAYBE a prism favaties if I can find one for the right price.

Ibrahim said:
It's a really nice coral. Here's mines under my actinics

That's a great looking coral! Saw one today at the place I went. The place I went today is about an hour away - 2x as far as normal LFS, but the coral selection is unreal - 60,000 gallons or something. They have an entire greenhouse filled with giant 1000 gallon tanks.

I love it.

TLTGF said:

I have the Aussie elegance because of the water parameters in the reef compared to the regulars that come from more muddy water.

Jlsardina said:
I have the Aussie elegance because of the water parameters in the reef compared to the regulars that come from more muddy water.

Uh-oh! I didn't realize there was a difference... Am I gonna have issues? I doubt I paid $60 for an Aussie...

It should be fine. The research I have done just shows that the Aussie elegance flourishes more in the aquarium than the indo elegance.

rob_mango said:
I loved my galaxia but I did sell it just for the stinger fact here it is

That's the truth, I saw 12" sweepers come off of mine. It is a cool coral but pretty toxic to its neighbors.

Gregcoyote said:
That's the truth, I saw 12" sweepers come off of mine. It is a cool coral but pretty toxic to its neighbors.

12" man, I thought maybe 6-8 at most. No go 4 me maybe in my upcoming 55g.

i placed that dead skeleton next to & partly under my shroom rock to get tim some jump off's. There for awhile they would just hop off and float into a corner but as soon as I offered some up they stopped! lol figures.

Finally winning the battle! Nitrates are < 5! First time since I started the tank!

Question: what's a good way to secure a mushroom?

I just bought two "loose" ricordias. One I placed fine and it stayed, the other is heavier and wants to tumble. The rock is too big for rubber bands... Any other suggestions?

I've never had any luck glueing them. they just float away. you could try a shell or soemthing and keep it out of the flow and it should attach. or a small rock, something like that

Back
Top Bottom