Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-19-2011, 11:40 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF View Post
Thanks Carey, that is helpful - I appreciate it! Do you have (2) lights over the fuge? One LED and one PC?

I really only use the led light when I'm workingunder there and need bright light to see what I'm doing. I think the leds are too bright for the refugium.

Old 08-20-2011, 12:47 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Kc - I like it - seems that we have very similar tastes, what size ph's are you running? I just ordered to Koralia 750's. I did the opposite though, added fish before the corals - I'm going tomorrow morning to get my royal gramma, sixline, and diamond goby - though they will be QT'd for a while before they go in the DT.

Carey, I was wondering why you would need so much light, but the PC seems to do the trick for your macro?

Old 08-20-2011, 09:11 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah, I believe its a 25w fixture, it cost me like $40 bucks more when I ordered my sump.

I gotta say the leds look cool though, but I'll be using it for my new tank soon.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

So just had a minor disaster - went to the LFS and picked up a Royal Gramma, sixline, and a diamond goby. Got home, drip acclimated for almost 2 hours, put them in the QT, and when I went to move the QT, I hit the corner of the wall and cracked the corner. Well I didn't think it was that bad, till I came back and half of the water was on the counter top!

Cross your fingers, cause I'm putting them in the DT..!!!

The fish look good, and the LFS had QT'd them for me for (1) week, but thats not enough. I just hope I made the right decision!
Old 08-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You have to do what you have to do, good luck! Most likely you will be fine but I can understand your concern.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Forgot to add pic of Leak...
Old 08-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

More pics in the DT...

If you noticed you didn't see the Royal Gramma... Yeah me neither since he's been in the DT.

But another question - Are Flame Angels and Sixline Wrasses supposed to become buddies?

As soon as I put the sixline in the tank he went and found the angel and they've been inseparable ever since - rubbing each other and swimming...
Old 08-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

Question

More questions...

My new goby is like a lawnmower with the sand, he's already done around 2 square feet, in a little over an hour - he's kicking up tons of sand and dust. Will the addition of lots of flow help with this?

In my over flow are two semi-circle, basically brillo filters - do i need these or should I just remove them? - they do collect some junk, but I was told by the last owner of my tank to rinse and shake them in the old dirty water change water. Any real advice or opinions?

Thanks.

Updates: Goby sifting like a champ, sixline and flame are still best pals, and royal gramma is still MIA.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF
More questions...

My new goby is like a lawnmower with the sand, he's already done around 2 square feet, in a little over an hour - he's kicking up tons of sand and dust. Will the addition of lots of flow help with this?

In my over flow are two semi-circle, basically brillo filters - do i need these or should I just remove them? - they do collect some junk, but I was told by the last owner of my tank to rinse and shake them in the old dirty water change water. Any real advice or opinions?

Thanks.

Updates: Goby sifting like a champ, sixline and flame are still best pals, and royal gramma is still MIA.
I think it will just continue. Lol I hear that's All they do. I'm. On the fence as far as getting one cause of the constant mess.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

One more question...

Is it possible to have too many hiding places? I have all these beautiful fish, and 80% of the time it looks like I have a live rock display... During feeding time and a few other random times when I'm home the fish are all out, swimming like crazy, in and out of the rock tunnels and caves. On the other hand, more often than not its a ghost town and all the fish are hiding.

Any ideas on how to entice them out? If this is normal for these fish, I have no issue, but if its something I'm doing wrong / conditions not right... I don't want my fish stressed or unhappy.

Just a reminder: Flame angel, sixline, royal gramma, diamond goby, (4) green chromis.

Tags
corner, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com