Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-09-2011, 05:45 AM   #441
Aquarium Advice Addict

From my perspective, it is certainly worth the wait. My standard black MDF stand isn't bad IMO, but to have a beautiful furniture grade stand like that... WOW.

All I can say is that if the inside of your tank looks as good as the outside does, I will be thoroughly jealous!

Old 12-09-2011, 05:45 AM   #442
Aquarium Advice Activist

I'm going to use the wood base the tank is sitting on and probably the bottom aswell. I honestly thought about getting kinda wild with the stand since I'd be doing all the welding and have the materials, my thought was it would save so much money but I really think I'm going to reuse almost everything from my current stand. The door is a curved glass door that uses those little pinch bolts and a hole to mount them and the front sides are molded plastic that sort of snap around the wood next to the door & the back. The biggest change that anyone will really notice would be that I'm going to raise the main display 6-8 inch maybe a little more depending on how it looks. I plan to make a cubby hole/shelf with the 8 or so inchs between the original top and new top if that makes any sense.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:17 AM   #443
Aquarium Advice Regular

TL Ihope my tank will be to your status someday. I'm gonna take it slow and see what happens. Thanks for the compliments

Kc, I do have an idea of your plans. How tall is your current stand.I will have 36" of space under mine. My plans are to put a DIY 23Lx13wx16h sump with a ask g1x Skimmer and Rio 2500 returns pump. For my refuge im gonna build a stand so that the refuge will gravity flow into my return chamber of my sump. My overflow line would be Tee'd off 1 for the refuge and 1 for the sump. The sump and the refuge would be L shaped with the refuge sitting above the sump for gravity purposes. Hopefully that makes sense. I will post pics once completed. Prob wont be able to start on that project for at least a week or so.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #444
Aquarium Advice Freak

I love 54 corners! I always admire the one for sale at my LFS.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #445
Aquarium Advice Addict

Update:

No sign of Blenny - Will be contacting LA tonight

Nitrate Battle - I just performed a 21 gallon (39%) water change. I tested the water immediately following and found I have dropped from 30-40ppm down to 5-10 (Closer to 5). Now if I can sustain that I will feel much better.

I am waiting currently for the tank to settle down - some sand got kicked up due to the fact that when you remove 21 gallons from a 54 gallon tank its pretty empty. This means that when adding the water back, it is easier for the flow to reach the bed.

The biggest downside I see to doing such a large water change is that my tank now looks as though there was an epic battle between Venom and Spidey, since all of the corals decided to slime EVERYWHERE. It was the craziest I've ever seen.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #446
Aquarium Advice Activist

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2192474243.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	64834

Name:	image-1374821416.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	64835

Name:	image-836872075.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	64836

I figures I'd just snap a couple of current shots of my S & F. How did the world make it without a iPhone. LoL
my sump is 8w x 21L x 18H = 13 gal "ish" I keep water lvl @ 15" making it 10 gals. leaves me 3 gallons of back flow from display.
The Fug is 13" cube but 23 tall making it 16.5 gal & I have over flow @ 20" into sump. That makes it a even 15 gallons with 1 gallon back flow room. In total I get 4 1/2 gallons that can come back from display in case something happen. I have not tested it yet but the level of my overflow in the main tank should cut off at about 4 gallons with the 90 on the bulkhead.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #447
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF View Post
Update:

No sign of Blenny - Will be contacting LA tonight

I am waiting currently for the tank to settle down - some sand got kicked up due to the fact that when you remove 21 gallons from a 54 gallon tank its pretty empty. This means that when adding the water back, it is easier for the flow to reach the bed.
hope blenny shows is face. My tank is in a sort of battle right now also, I guess I moved enough rock and added a tankmate "7th fish" so everything is fighting for a place now!
Old 12-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #448
Aquarium Advice Addict

Kc, I think The universe read your post. I came out today, and got the number for LA to call about the blenny. I sat down and hit send. I happened to look over and...

Yup... He showed "his face" lol. I am a very happy camper at the moment.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #449
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah I have read they can hide up to a week b4 coming out to play
Old 12-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #450
Aquarium Advice Addict

New additions:

Green acro
Blue / purple fungia

Tags
corner, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com