Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF
More questions...

My new goby is like a lawnmower with the sand, he's already done around 2 square feet, in a little over an hour - he's kicking up tons of sand and dust. Will the addition of lots of flow help with this?

In my over flow are two semi-circle, basically brillo filters - do i need these or should I just remove them? - they do collect some junk, but I was told by the last owner of my tank to rinse and shake them in the old dirty water change water. Any real advice or opinions?

Thanks.

Updates: Goby sifting like a champ, sixline and flame are still best pals, and royal gramma is still MIA.
When the Diamond Goby is first put in and starts working you will see a lot of the small sand particles in the water.After awhile they will be filtered out and the amount you see will continue to decrease over time.I would keep the Brillo filters and just clean them as previous owner stated. Sometimes it takes a royal gramma time to feel comfortable and come out some.That is why my wife didn't like it when we had one years ago.She said why have such a pretty fish that you don't see much.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

My gramma was hiding more than out. The goby in my tank is usually out and sitting on a rock or sand. Not sure bout the others. I do know chromis are supposed to be active.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, I'll give it time. The goby is out so far the entire time I've had him, and the chromis are hiding / peeking. However, now the wrasse and the angel are swimming around all over the place. So realistically I'm only missing a stressed out gramma... to be expected.

The last fish I'm adding are to B&W clowns, and I know they love to swim and do acrobatics

After that - its on to start making my reef, look like a reef.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

can't wait to see the next update!
Old 08-21-2011, 02:41 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'll do my best!

This doesn't really count as an update necessarily, but... My sand has never looked better, and it is now 1:40a.m. eastern time, and my Diamond is STILL sifting sand! LOL
Old 08-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thumbs up

UPDATE:

I woke up this morning to find ALL of my fish swimming in harmony. My tank is very active. YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAY!

Here are some pics of the Royal Gramma. I found out where his new home is... luckily, its right in the front of the tank. Also I named my Diamond Goby, Dyson. Thought it was fitting since he vacuumed my sand for 12+ hours yesterday and he's going strong today.

Not sure what update will be next:
  • Install new Koralia 750 PH's
  • Buy new QT tank
  • Purchase a new Aqueon Proflex Model 1 Sump
  • Purchase Eshopps Skimmer
  • Bring home to B&W Clowns; acclimate and QT
  • Start adding coral like a madman
Old 08-21-2011, 01:18 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Since you want more fish Iwould go with the qt tank next. Then you can add your clowns and others and in the time they are in qt you can get the rest of the equipment you need.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:27 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice thinking... You really are smart Carey!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Nah, just crafty.

I just suggest things the way i would do them. Maybe right, maybe wrong but I would never suggest something I wouldnt do myself. LOL
Old 08-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, I'm off to the pet store - just gonna grab another 10 gallon for a QT. I figure since I'm only going to QT'ing two little clowns, and then only using it for medicating, etc. A 10, like I had before will be big enough.

I just double checked on Amazon, and both of my PH's will be here this week. One on Monday and one on Wednesday!

I won't be getting the clowns for another week +, since I want to make sure that my tank is handling the load it has.

Then, I will focus on the updated sump and skimmer, and once that's done. Look out corals here I come!

Tags
corner, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com