Tim's 54 Gallon Corner -> Going Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol... I just took a couple and was coming to post! Great minds...

Let me know if you want anything different. 2:00p is my peak lighting, so this is the tank at 60% intensity (that's the MAX).

Oh, and all is well! That one acro is toast - pretty sure what I thought was polyps was actually algae...

Thanks guys! I wouldn't know how to live without a bike. I grew up on my Dad's till I was (6) and then got one when I turned 18. Been riding myself for 12 years (turn 30 in April) and it's gotten me into and outta lots of trouble.

Just use the gas money you'll save to buy the light! :)

Yeah that's the plan to go with but I ride 60 miles each way to work so it is gong to save me much money but I will save some

Very nice. The further you drive the more you should save, right.

120 miles per day at 20mpg in a car is (6) gallons, whereas you should get about (40) with that, so (3) gallons. Gas is $3.50/gallon. You should save $10.50 /day.

$750 for the light means that you should have enough saved just in gas in 3.5 months!

Whoo hoo!

Oh and here's mine.

Better get back on topic since I really don't want my thread to get closed!

The shimmer from the Radion is insane - its so bright, my whole room lights up. I can't imagine in a few weeks what 100% intensity will be like!

I'm already thinking about making a custom canopy like Mr. Saltwatertank did for his.

Heck yes - I watch just for the t-shirts! Lol. Follow on FB, get the emails and frequent the site - in fact, his "experiment" with the radions is what pushed me over the fence to buy one.

Decided to make a new screen top. This time, instead of using whiteboard, I used corrugated plastic. Two layers to sandwich the screen which is hot-glued together.

Here it is on the floor, and on the tank. Mind you I can not push the new lid down all the way into the groove because of the powerhead wires. I didn't cut notches in this top, because tomorrow I will no longer have the wires on the inside of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom