Tim's 54 Gallon Corner -> Going Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TLTGF said:
Certainly glad to hear that!

I got mine running now. Tested Phosphate @ .07PPM with a Hanna, so not bad I guess...

I also did a few things today to the tank. The corals were starting to outgrow each other so I added a couple pcs of the base rock I had left over from Reefrocks. What a joke, I didn't plan well at all. I thought the pcs looked smaller and so the plan that I had to add them backfired. I ended up breaking a piece off the Montipora Cap, breaking several small branches of the birdsnest, squished a red mushroom, ticked off the favia, dropped the porites on the candycane, knocked the acropora into the ricordia garden, knocked another pc of nice LR into oblivion. I knocked my humilis coral off its place and can't get it back to normal... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I will never have my hand in this tank again, unless 100% necessary. What a crazy morning. :facepalm:

Lastly, I moved what is left of the bubble coral into the frag tank. It only has two bubbles left... :(

You can imagine the issues I have now that everything has grown together after 20 years. I can't move anything without breaking something. It all looks great, but it can be a challenge to work on it.

Jlsardina said:
Do you play the lotto? You should with your luck!

Are you referring to the luck with BRS sending me more carbon or the bad luck with the crazy chain of events with my corals?

You should've seen the shot I made on Friday golfing. It was for the record books. From three feet into the woods on a pile of branches, chipped out, hit a small sapling, hit the side of the rough twice, bounced down to the green, rolled down the slope and in for a birdie!

TLTGF said:
Are you referring to the luck with BRS sending me more carbon or the bad luck with the crazy chain of events with my corals?

You should've seen the shot I made on Friday golfing. It was for the record books. From three feet into the woods on a pile of branches, chipped out, hit a small sapling, hit the side of the rough twice, bounced down to the green, rolled down the slope and in for a birdie!

Lol. Your good luck! Come to Florida and shake hands with me. I need some good luck!

Good golfing and carbon score..... Not so good on the tank..... I will take the first 1/2 of your luck.... Everyone knows my golf game needs some help lol

Well, I'm not sure yet. I've only had it running for a day or so, and haven't retested yet. I was gonna wait till tonight when I get home from work and take nitrate and phosphate levels. It seems to be having zero adverse affect on anything so that's promising - also my new carbon is arriving today.

Findings of the BRS dual reactor:

Easy to set-up and install

Maxi-jet pump is louder than anything else running on my system - not terrible, but noticeable.

Phosphates have dropped from .07ppm to .05ppm in three days without a pwc

Algae growth on front glass has significantly lessened

Water "appears" to be clearer

All-in-all, I am pleased.

It should also be noted that Nitrates dropped from 5ppm immediately after pwc, to 0ppm 8 days later before pwc.

This is the 1st time since setting up the tank that nitrates have been 0.

Ah I see, I thought you meant you needed to use PVC and such to plumb in the reactor! Gotcha.

Back
Top Bottom