Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #61
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Not sure how that will work, I would assume that some of the pods would make it through the skimming or else they wouldnt sell the sump like it is. I just know what I have and what others have done. that is a mighty nie sump I might add, if it hadnt been soo expensive for the size I needed i would have gone with it no doubt. I assume your gonna use the refugium setup for it? I think it will be fine, maybe not optimum but I';m sure it will work out ok.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:45 PM   #62
Aquarium Advice Addict

Alrighty... well thanks for your input. I should be ordering it within the next few weeks. I'm trying to take it somewhat slowly.

This weekend I want to get the (2) B/W clowns this weekend as long as my params check out.

Then in two more weeks I'll order the sump, and another two weeks the skimmer!

Old 08-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #63
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

You can use a corse piece of mesh at the skimmers intake to keep the adult pods out.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:53 AM   #64
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good tip Greg, thanks!

An another note - got the new QT - just put in Tap water cause I hate to see an empty tank.

Getting a batch of RO tomorrow, fill the QT, then another batch on Friday for a pwc. Finally on Saturday, I'm heading to the LFS to buy a pair of B/W clowns and into the QT!

I'll be adding in the PVC when i do the saltwater.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:08 PM   #65
Aquarium Advice Addict

More Updates and Questions...

I got my 2nd 750 evo today and I put it in the tank.

Bad news is my first 750 kicked up a ton of sand, I mean tons - it looks like its snowing constantly and my fish are hiding for the 2nd day.

I added the 2nd one and its even worse. I've added pics to show how much sand is on my rocks. My mushroom, polyps, and orange not sure what are all shrunk down too.

Finally, whatever happened it looks as though I now have fuzzy side glass. Anywhere green algae was the dirt clung to it and is making it look like tan fuzzy stuff.

Questions:

Any advice or experience with PH placement in a corner tank?
Any rule about sand kicking up and how to simmer it?
Anything else I should be thinking about?
Old 08-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #66
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

try pointing them towards each other towards the top of the water at each other. It should disperse the flow enough.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:55 PM   #67
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'll try to lower the PH's then and point up. I had them both pointed at each other and up, but the wave interference actually caused a double wave which was splashing up too high.

I think if I lower the actual head and point it up, it should work much better! Thanks!
Old 08-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #68
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ur tank is looking amazing good job I hope my new 55 gallon reef build will look that good
Old 08-25-2011, 02:09 AM   #69
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks for the compliment - I am far from being "done." I can not wait until I start seeing Blue mushrooms, and white pom pom xenia, and green whatever... lol. I want a holy crap tank.

Another update, I adjusted the PH's some more - probably more tomorrow, but the sand storm has subsided, and actually the pattern that was made in the sand looks like a wavey beach sand - super awesome!

More to come - Stay tuned.

PS - Just found out tonight, a coworker on an off-shift just broke down a reef tank he had for 18 years - he broke it down over memorial day and gave away $1000's in corals, and rock to an LFS.

Where was I????

On a positive note, he referred me to a LFS near him, called Tropicorium in Romulus, MI, that he claims is the best in the state, he has dealt with them for decades, and he is going to get me aquainted with the owner and the staff!

WHOO HOO! Love networking - he said they farm their own corals, and they are beautiful and will garauntee bigger, healthier, better looking frags than anywhere else I buy them for cheaper.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:25 AM   #70
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah that is what I am going for on my 55 as well I have a therd going on my build also so what equipment r u useing on ur tank

Tags
corner, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com