Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #721
Aquarium Advice Regular

Let me know how that controller works out for you. I'm almost do e building my fuge. HoPefully i will have time to put it in by the end of the weekend. I'm planning on. Buying some Copepods, hermits and a couple of snails. Any other suggestions. I was thinking about putting some brine shrimp in as well. Anyone ever had any luck doing this

Old 01-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #722
Aquarium Advice Addict

I will definitely let everyone know how the apex works

Old 01-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #723
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoom27
Let me know how that controller works out for you. I'm almost do e building my fuge. HoPefully i will have time to put it in by the end of the weekend. I'm planning on. Buying some Copepods, hermits and a couple of snails. Any other suggestions. I was thinking about putting some brine shrimp in as well. Anyone ever had any luck doing this
Brine will just get sucked up into a filter when they are returned into the tank from the return pump
Old 01-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #724
Aquarium Advice Regular

The only filter I have is a sock on the overflow line from my DT. I would assume my fish would eat all the brine before they would make it to the sock. Hopefully I will be able to supplement my feeding using my refugium. At least thats my plan
Old 01-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #725
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yea I just don't think you can get a breading population. At least I've never heard of anyone doing it.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #726
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
The Indo elegance are the ones that don't live. The Aussie ones are ok. The way you can make sure if it's an Aussie is that it's been fragged. Collectors will never turn in a single large elegance if they can frag it into 4 and get paid for 4 pieces. The Indo ones aren't expensive, so you can purchase large specimens.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #727
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
The Indo elegance are the ones that don't live. The Aussie ones are ok. The way you can make sure if it's an Aussie is that it's been fragged. Collectors will never turn in a single large elegance if they can frag it into 4 and get paid for 4 pieces. The Indo ones aren't expensive, so you can purchase large specimens.
I can testify to that! I have ideal conditions in my tank, and believe everything should have been fine, but mine did not last a month. Everything else is doing excellent! I have been reading a lot about a decline in the availability of viable elegance corals that are hardy.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #728
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Another specimen that is like burning money when you buy one. Aussies are fine, but how many regular elegance corals have been killed in this hobby would probably shock you.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #729
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow... Testament to how much more I need to learn. Quite honestly, I loved the look, but assumed I'd never had one due to the price. When I saw the one I got for $60, I didn't think twice (impulse)... Never a good idea. I had no clue there were even differences, other than coloration.

I do appreciate all the knowledge you guys bring to the table on a daily basis.

For my next few corals, I think I'll check in first!
Old 01-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #730
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

That is certainly the way to save yourself dollars and grief. There are always exceptions to the rule (the guy who has kept a Mandarine in a fishbowl for 10 years) but in general, if they say it won't make it, it doesn't. The LFS has the incentive to sell you what they have in stock (I use to be one) so unless you have a really good relationship with a knowledgable and trustworth seller, you are on your own.

Tags
corner, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com