Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #791
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I'm planning on adding a biopellet reactor to my setup hopefully very soon. Kinda hoping i won't have any problems with it as I'd like to get my phosphates down and keep them down.
I'm going to buy two of these http://www.aquariumguys.com/poly-med...276_a_7c239916 and use carbon in one and Rowaphos in the other and upgrade the pump

Old 01-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #792
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Have you looked at the BRS ones? they come highly recommended and they are comparable in cost.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #793
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Have you looked at the BRS ones? they come highly recommended and they are comparable in cost.
Really? They're like $50 right. Found out the tank I'm buying includes a phosban reactor as well so I'll just get a carbon reacter
Old 01-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #794
Aquarium Advice Freak

I might buy one like that and mod it for biopellets. But yea just for other media I like the brs one better. Sturdier, better mounts, easier maintenance.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #795
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The brs ones are I think $36 each. Plus a pump, but most everyone has a maxi jet 1200 laying around so you can one of those.

I have two of the phosban reactors and while they seem ok they arent really sturdy and the tops dont always line up just right and you get a leak.

I've heard not to run biopellets AND GFO so I will just be running the pellets. I don't wanna get my water too clean. lol

BRS sells the bio pellet screens that work in the phosban reactors, just keep in mind that the phosban reactors are kinda small so you might not be able to fit the recommended amount of bio pellets in it.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #796
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I want that magnesium checker...the titration tests are a pain! I am finding proper magnesium levels are more important than I once thought.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #797
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
The brs ones are I think $36 each. Plus a pump, but most everyone has a maxi jet 1200 laying around so you can one of those.

I have two of the phosban reactors and while they seem ok they arent really sturdy and the tops dont always line up just right and you get a leak.

I've heard not to run biopellets AND GFO so I will just be running the pellets. I don't wanna get my water too clean. lol

BRS sells the bio pellet screens that work in the phosban reactors, just keep in mind that the phosban reactors are kinda small so you might not be able to fit the recommended amount of bio pellets in it.
Lol ive got two maxi-jets. And for $36 I'm wondering why it isn't out of stock. I'm going to try and do what newyorksteelo from YouTube did with his phosban since it solved his algae issue. And with fake coral, algae is going to be a pain in the *$$ to clean
Old 01-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #798
Aquarium Advice Freak

I don't know if I missed it, but what's up with your possible trip to the far east?
Old 01-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #799
Aquarium Advice Activist

I just added biopellets in A TLF phosban reactor & all is working great so far.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:03 AM   #800
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAhner
I don't know if I missed it, but what's up with your possible trip to the far east?
Wish I knew... Asked my president for an update, but it's being spearheaded by the friendly folks at the North America headquarters, which happens to be 40 minutes away, but nonetheless, they love last minute decision making.

I am going to be a bit more tenacious as the time goes since I would start in April... Not much time to turn my life upside down.

I'll keep you all posted.

And as for the tank, I started a phyto diet for the corals on Monday I think and maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I swear my corals look better, especially the pagoda cup, polyps are huge and fully out all day, looks great!

Tags
corner, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com