Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #821
Aquarium Advice Addict

You're lucky that it didn't go in. That would be a disaster!

Old 02-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #822
Aquarium Advice Addict

I was trying to get a picture of my emerald crabs this morning... I purchased two at the same time, both about 1" across on the main shell. Currently (1) is about the same size, but the other has got to be close to 2" across on it's main shell not including legs / arms. My question is, how big do they get?

It's big enough that I watched him last night trying to catch my clowns. He wasn't fast enough but sure he's large enough.

Well since pictures are always good and I couldn't get a good one of the EC, here's my new octo - frogspawn all opened up. About the size of a tennis ball.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #823
Aquarium Advice Addict

Helps to attach the photo.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #824
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Very nice frog spawn. as far as the ec's go, I bought 3 about 2 weeks ago and one has already malted and gotten bigger as well. From what I have heard ppl say. . . They don't get very big.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #825
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lovin the frogspawn I want one so bad but i keep having them die on me
Old 02-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #826
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200 gallon reef
Very nice frog spawn. as far as the ec's go, I bought 3 about 2 weeks ago and one has already malted and gotten bigger as well. From what I have heard ppl say. . . They don't get very big.
Mine is 8 years old. Started the size of a golfball. It is now the size of a soccer ball and has slowed down. Mine has always been real sensitive to salinity.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #827
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote

Mine is 8 years old. Started the size of a golfball. It is now the size of a soccer ball and has slowed down. Mine has always been real sensitive to salinity.
You have an emerald crab the size of a soccer ball???? That's a nightmare waiting to happen! Lol. I'm pretty sure you meant the frog spawn though.

I have 5 emeralds. They were all the same size when I got them and now 4 are about 3x in size and 1 is double everyone else. He does the same thing though I believe as yours. He will perch himself on a rock with claws up trying to "catch" fish as they go by. He's never been quick enough though
Old 02-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #828
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina

You have an emerald crab the size of a soccer ball???? That's a nightmare waiting to happen! Lol. I'm pretty sure you meant the frog spawn though.

I have 5 emeralds. They were all the same size when I got them and now 4 are about 3x in size and 1 is double everyone else. He does the same thing though I believe as yours. He will perch himself on a rock with claws up trying to "catch" fish as they go by. He's never been quick enough though
No, no, no...my frogspawn is what I am referring to.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #829
Aquarium Advice Addict

My salinity thus far has been pretty on-point and almost never moving from 1.026.

Pretty sure a soccer ball sized anything is getting rehomed either with an upgrade or to another tank

Yup, my emerald got out on a ledge and was swatting at my clowns as they were trying to sleep swim... They kept swimming close and tail whipping him - super funny.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #830
Aquarium Advice Freak

Have you had the glass top off yet, or are you waiting to finish the new one? Salinity might be a kittle more of a chore now.

Tags
corner, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com