Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #921
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Have you ever used restore by brightwell (I believe)? I've used that to bring a few corals back to life

Old 02-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #922
Aquarium Advice Addict

Never heard of that before, but I'm happy to try it

Old 02-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #923
Aquarium Advice Addict

There is also a bath called revive that is what I use
Old 02-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #924
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks for the tip
Old 02-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #925
Aquarium Advice Addict

Valentine's Day update:

In the tank:

Bleaching acro has me more confused as the bleached side is showing real signs of recovery and the "good" side is now showing signs of bleaching!

New "small" cleaner shrimp is missing, but as almost always is the case for my inverts - a few days in the tank and they molt. No issue there yet.

Concerned for the sixline as he is small 1 1/2" - and although he grazes on the rocks all day, I can't tell if he eats the flake food... He chases it, but couldn't see him eat. Mysis is fine, but I'll grab some brine as well.

(2) ricordia updates - (1) is splitting and nearly two. (1) is placed near a favaties brain, and seems that it may have gotten too close last night (possibly due to added flow) and gotten stung. Will relocate in a bit.

Bubble coral has been looking rather drab lately, so I may reposition it as well.

Elegance has gotten so big already that it's stretched out onto the front glass, will relocate it as well.

Fourth Koralia 750 will be here shortly and added to the mix. (2) will soon be replaced with two MP10's. The third may stay in and the fourth will be used for salt mixing.

Outside the tank:

Ordered a much nicer (12) outlet surge protector for the aquarium. An issue with the outside transformer was messing with my electricity and sending in 135+ volts. Luckily I had a digital voltmeter on my home theater surge protector so I could see fluctuations.

It will be arriving today as well.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #926
Aquarium Advice Addict

And here it is - just delivered...
Old 02-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #927
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF
And here it is - just delivered...
Sweet!
Old 02-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #928
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF
Valentine's Day update:

In the tank:

Bleaching acro has me more confused as the bleached side is showing real signs of recovery and the "good" side is now showing signs of bleaching!

New "small" cleaner shrimp is missing, but as almost always is the case for my inverts - a few days in the tank and they molt. No issue there yet.

Concerned for the sixline as he is small 1 1/2" - and although he grazes on the rocks all day, I can't tell if he eats the flake food... He chases it, but couldn't see him eat. Mysis is fine, but I'll grab some brine as well.

(2) ricordia updates - (1) is splitting and nearly two. (1) is placed near a favaties brain, and seems that it may have gotten too close last night (possibly due to added flow) and gotten stung. Will relocate in a bit.

Bubble coral has been looking rather drab lately, so I may reposition it as well.

Elegance has gotten so big already that it's stretched out onto the front glass, will relocate it as well.

Fourth Koralia 750 will be here shortly and added to the mix. (2) will soon be replaced with two MP10's. The third may stay in and the fourth will be used for salt mixing.

Outside the tank:

Ordered a much nicer (12) outlet surge protector for the aquarium. An issue with the outside transformer was messing with my electricity and sending in 135+ volts. Luckily I had a digital voltmeter on my home theater surge protector so I could see fluctuations.

It will be arriving today as well.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
I find my bubble coral is a good indicator of the tank conditions. Or- it could be splitting? My bubble split a while back and it looked like crap a few days before and a few days after. But now I have two. Lol.

Have you tried adding garlic to entice the wrasse to eat? Worth a shot at least
Old 02-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #929
Aquarium Advice Regular

Rob, do you have any other power heads in your 54 corner other than the mp10s. I have 1 and am thinking about 1 more. The one seems to be doing alright but like the idea of having 1 more on the opposite side to add a different direction of flow
Old 02-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #930
Aquarium Advice Addict

Rob has a standard 55 gallon tank - he's not one of us! LOL!

Also, I added the fourth powerhead about 10 minutes before coming to work. Funny thing is, it actually seemed to calm the tank down. It almost appears that there is less flow - interesting, I'll investigate when I get home or in the morning, and add pics of course.

I also got another 200 gallon of RCs delivered.

Tomorrow morning the Radion should be here as well.

Tags
corner, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com