Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #931
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina

I find my bubble coral is a good indicator of the tank conditions. Or- it could be splitting? My bubble split a while back and it looked like crap a few days before and a few days after. But now I have two. Lol.

Have you tried adding garlic to entice the wrasse to eat? Worth a shot at least
That would be sweet! My parameters as of last night for the basics were 0,0,10, 79 F, 1.026, 8.0 pH, and I didn't test alk, or calcium.

I REALLY need to get my skimmer soon!

Old 02-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #932
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF

That would be sweet! My parameters as of last night for the basics were 0,0,10, 79 F, 1.026, 8.0 pH, and I didn't test alk, or calcium.

I REALLY need to get my skimmer soon!
Yea I was kinda surprised you got the radion before the skimmer. But I wasn't gonna say anything. Man it's funny how fast things get delivered when I'm not the one waiting. You guys are always like just got my whatever and I'm like didn't he just order that yesterday. Lol

Old 02-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #933
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAhner View Post
Yea I was kinda surprised you got the radion before the skimmer. But I wasn't gonna say anything. Man it's funny how fast things get delivered when I'm not the one waiting. You guys are always like just got my whatever and I'm like didn't he just order that yesterday. Lol
It is worse when you have to build all your own DIY stuff. I would love to be able to just order up what I want.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #934
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99

It is worse when you have to build all your own DIY stuff. I would love to be able to just order up what I want.
Oh I wasn't even gonna mention the jealousy thing. I feel ya on that brother.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #935
Aquarium Advice Addict

I bought a kindle fire and got amazon prime. That allows for 2-day free shipping, so the koralia and surge protect was fast. The radion and salt was offered from drsf&s on the 10th.

Skimmer and (1) MP-10 is in budget for March.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #936
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF
I bought a kindle fire and got amazon prime. That allows for 2-day free shipping, so the koralia and surge protect was fast. The radion and salt was offered from drsf&s on the 10th.

Skimmer and (1) MP-10 is in budget for March.
My dad slaughtered me when I accidentally got prime. I though it was a trial then the bill came lol
Old 02-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #937
Aquarium Advice Addict

LOL. When you buy a Fire you get a (1) month free trial, then I think its like $80 / yr. I buy so much from Amazon that it pays for itself quickly.

Also as for skimmers, here are the two I am comparing. I'm almost positive both with fit in my sump, but I gotta double check my measurements tomorrow.

Bubble Magus BM-NAC7 Cone Protein Skimmer - English

Reef Octopus 4
Old 02-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #938
Aquarium Advice Freak

Both are nice. I just got that reef octopus. The only thing I like better about that bubble magus is you can disassemble the bottom for easier cleaning. But with that design, with the internal pump, you might be limited if you decide to upgrade it later on.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #939
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good info, but getting a skimmer rated so high, I would HOPE I wouldn't need to upgrade...
Old 02-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #940
Aquarium Advice Freak

That's actually another thing I was gonna say. What is the neck size on that magus? It looks pretty big. IMO you can't overskim but you can get a skimmer that is too big and you won't be able to get s nice consistent head of foam on it, unless maybe if it has a super nice pump.

Tags
corner, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com