Tiny Bubbles in tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmyhong7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
why are there so many bubbles in the tank? My powerhead is in the middle of the tank with no holes connected. Would it be my power filter running should I take the power filter out?
Please help.

lmkbubblfsh.gif

to AquariumAdvice.com!!

Do you have a skimmer? Tell us more about your system and equipment.

29 Gallon Tank
Aqua C Remora Hang-On Skimmer
Power Filter
corallife power compact lighting (2 65watt)
aquaclear powerhead 402

The tank, Power filter and powerhead was given to me. Want to get a bigger tank in the future.

Do you have alot of algae? Could be the algae releasing CO2.....

Turn the skimmer off, wait for an hour and see if there are any bubbles in the tank. Until the skimmer has been up and running for a few weeks it will produce micro bubbles, it get's better but doesn't stop. If you have room I recommend you buy the surface skimmer attatchment for the remora, it comes with a "bubble trap".

ooooh... it is most likely cyano bacteria. Does it seem to 'spread out' in the day time? I think everyone's tank goes through at least one bout of that when they are setting up. It is hard to get rid of, what I ended up doing was skimming the tippy-top layer of crushed coral with a net to catch it, and then boiling the sand to kill it off. THat seems like such a desperate measure, but it had gotten so bad despite water changes that I scrubbed my star polyp mat with a toothbrush to get it off. (They are a heck of a lot happier now!)

Hope yours doesn't get so bad.

which one is good, i need one that is easiest to connect.

Our sponsor, Aqua FX, has some great RO/DI systems on his site. They all basically connect the same. They hook right to the cold water line under a sink. You can also get an adapter to fit it on a faucet as well. Just depends on what you want.

I think it is caused by the skimmer. I shut it off for 5 minutes and the bubbles were less.

Back
Top Bottom