Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-14-2011, 09:38 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Tiny Starfish Stow-Away??

I purchased a medium size of red mushroom soft coral from my LFS recently and today I noticed tiny "Tentacles" coming out from underneath one of the mushrooms. I can see what appear to be two or three "Arms" and they are red and white in appearance. Very small, but it appears to be a variety of starfish, perhaps a brittle?

I am currently running a 12 gallon nano tank with live rock, and a percula clown and watchman goby and five other pieces of various types of soft coral. Everything looks GREAT!

Should I be worried about this stow away? I know without more information, it may be a hard question to answer with out a full visual, but the thing never shows more than a couple of arms at a time.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mike

Old 09-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

I've gain so many stars, snails, pods & various other tag alongs buying corals and I just see it as a bonus to my clean up crew. I doubt I awnsered your ?? but I hate when my posts just roll though with 100 views and no response.

Kc

Old 09-15-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks KC.

I'm obviously still learning, but that's how I am looking at it! Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Mike
Old 09-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have gotten a few mini bristlestars (match your description) and they are harmless. Got them on my GSP. Like 6 of them... One time I moved the rock and I swear at least 15 arms were coming out all around LOL

Tags
starfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com