Tiny Starfish Stow-Away??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MKFMedic

Aquarium Advice Activist
I purchased a medium size of red mushroom soft coral from my LFS recently and today I noticed tiny "Tentacles" coming out from underneath one of the mushrooms. I can see what appear to be two or three "Arms" and they are red and white in appearance. Very small, but it appears to be a variety of starfish, perhaps a brittle?

I am currently running a 12 gallon nano tank with live rock, and a percula clown and watchman goby and five other pieces of various types of soft coral. Everything looks GREAT!

Should I be worried about this stow away? I know without more information, it may be a hard question to answer with out a full visual, but the thing never shows more than a couple of arms at a time.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mike

I've gain so many stars, snails, pods & various other tag alongs buying corals and I just see it as a bonus to my clean up crew. I doubt I awnsered your ?? but I hate when my posts just roll though with 100 views and no response.

Kc

I have gotten a few mini bristlestars (match your description) and they are harmless. Got them on my GSP. Like 6 of them... One time I moved the rock and I swear at least 15 arms were coming out all around LOL

Back
Top Bottom