Tiny white worms???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agoodyear

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I walked by my aquarium the other day, and noticed hundreds of little white specks on the inside of the glass. I used my floating magnet to clean them off the glass and thought nothing of it. But then the next day, there appeared to be twice as many, and when I looked closer, I saw that they were all moving across the glass, in different directions. They range in size from 1/2 millimeter to 2 millimeters in length.
I have a saltwater tank with live rock, a queen angelfish, a maroon clown, 2 gobies, a zebra moray eel, and some turbo snails. Does anyone have any idea if what on earth these things could be?

Probably just little worms from the rock or sand or maybe pods.
Can you get us a pic?

If they came from the live rock, why have they taken so long to get established? Thanks for the quick reply!

The population gets decimated when the rock get shipped. It takes time for them to move around and multiply.
I wouldn't worry about it. Most of these little critters are quite beneficial.

Pods in freshwater tanks???

:? I have similar moving white specks on the glass of my tank but it's freshwater. I've only read about pods in saltwater tanks??? Any idea if these things are good or bad in freshwater?

Thanks,
Marc

The stuff in your freshwater tank might be plenaria. Read more about them in the Freshwater forum, but they're not really a desireable critter. If you feed a lot, cut back on it a little and see if their population decreases. Also vaccuum your gravel.

-j

Back
Top Bottom