tip for setting up drip for acclimating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

douggiestyle

Aquarium Advice Freak
go to the lfs and get a piece of rigid air line that is about 18" long. the thin kind. make sure that a piece of flexible air line will fit snug over the end. now go home and find a nice juice glass or other small glass that has a diameter of about 2". now set your toaster to the darkest setting and turn on. gently heat the rigid tubing at midway over the toaster until the tubing gets soft. bend tube carefully around glass forming a U shape. it may take a couple tries and it doesnt need to be perfect. dont worry, if your careful the tube will not kink. now let cool. slip flexible air line over one end. make sure its snug and wont come loose. now hang the other end over and into the tank and TADA.

super.gif
thumbs.gif
super.gif

The things you people do in your spare time. But then again, we keep reefs, we dont have spare time. I going to make one today. Thanks for the tip.

Great idea! I cheated and had a doctor friend get me a saline drip kit for an IV and hooked it up to a similar U shaped tube. Works like a charm and is great for control.

for drip control I use a gang valve for an air pump. Open the valve and start the syphon and then close the valve down till you get just a drip out at the rate you want.

The tip above is great for greating a tube to hang on your tank. IN the past I have loostly tied it around the center brace or if there is no brace somehow just put like 3' of hose into the tank to keep it there.

Back
Top Bottom