Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Freak

That is the start for pods but it takes months a yr plus for them to be enough to support a pod eater.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDshoes
That is the start for pods but it takes months a yr plus for them to be enough to support a pod eater.
Mandarin doesn't only eat pods, yes they are very picky eaters but I am sure you can get it to eat other things as well. Just ask the store where you got it from what they were feeding it. I just started feeding my fish homemade food and it eats off the sand

Old 01-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak

Just ask the store that is trying to make money off u? Ur not gonna get a straight answer and again. They can stop eating prepared foods at anytime.

Bottom line is if u want any chance at SUCCESSFULLY keeping a manderian it has to be in a tank that can support its life without it eating any prepared foods period end of story.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Just ask the store that is trying to make money off u? Ur not gonna get a straight answer and again. They can stop eating prepared foods at anytime.

Bottom line is if u want any chance at SUCCESSFULLY keeping a manderian it has to be in a tank that can support its life without it eating any prepared foods period end of story.
You've had a mandarin before?
Old 01-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yeh, the guy at my lfs said, I needed a well established tank. At the moment it is thriving with life, it's just if it happend to run out. I would like to have a back up plan. and at the shop, she was eating pods or natural food, she was in a coral tank.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:42 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kade
Yeh, the guy at my lfs said, I needed a well established tank. At the moment it is thriving with life, it's just if it happend to run out. I would like to have a back up plan. and at the shop, she was eating pods or natural food, she was in a coral tank.
It will also eat live baby brine shrimps
Old 01-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Freak

No I have not because I am not going to put a fish into my tank that prb will not live anywhere near its life expectancy in the wild. I would love one but will not even consider it until I am scrapping pods off my glass every day for an extended period of time.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Freak

And again baby brine shrimp are tricky they have a very limited.time window for when they have any nutritional value.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
No I have not because I am not going to put a fish into my tank that prb will not live anywhere near its life expectancy in the wild. I would love one but will not even consider it until I am scrapping pods off my glass every day for an extended period of time.
Sorry but how can you give advise if you never had 1 before? They're not as hard to keep as others said
Old 01-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Freak

How long have u had urs? And yes they are I would love to hear tons of sucess stories and when I say sucess that means minumum 2 yrs.

Tags
dragon, feeding, mandarin, tips

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com