Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 01-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 312
That is the start for pods but it takes months a yr plus for them to be enough to support a pod eater.
__________________

__________________
FDshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDshoes
That is the start for pods but it takes months a yr plus for them to be enough to support a pod eater.
Mandarin doesn't only eat pods, yes they are very picky eaters but I am sure you can get it to eat other things as well. Just ask the store where you got it from what they were feeding it. I just started feeding my fish homemade food and it eats off the sand
__________________

__________________
alex07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 312
Just ask the store that is trying to make money off u? Ur not gonna get a straight answer and again. They can stop eating prepared foods at anytime.

Bottom line is if u want any chance at SUCCESSFULLY keeping a manderian it has to be in a tank that can support its life without it eating any prepared foods period end of story.
__________________
FDshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDshoes
Just ask the store that is trying to make money off u? Ur not gonna get a straight answer and again. They can stop eating prepared foods at anytime.

Bottom line is if u want any chance at SUCCESSFULLY keeping a manderian it has to be in a tank that can support its life without it eating any prepared foods period end of story.
You've had a mandarin before?
__________________
alex07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
kade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 75
Yeh, the guy at my lfs said, I needed a well established tank. At the moment it is thriving with life, it's just if it happend to run out. I would like to have a back up plan. and at the shop, she was eating pods or natural food, she was in a coral tank.
__________________
kade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:42 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by kade
Yeh, the guy at my lfs said, I needed a well established tank. At the moment it is thriving with life, it's just if it happend to run out. I would like to have a back up plan. and at the shop, she was eating pods or natural food, she was in a coral tank.
It will also eat live baby brine shrimps
__________________
alex07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 312
No I have not because I am not going to put a fish into my tank that prb will not live anywhere near its life expectancy in the wild. I would love one but will not even consider it until I am scrapping pods off my glass every day for an extended period of time.
__________________
FDshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 312
And again baby brine shrimp are tricky they have a very limited.time window for when they have any nutritional value.
__________________
FDshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDshoes
No I have not because I am not going to put a fish into my tank that prb will not live anywhere near its life expectancy in the wild. I would love one but will not even consider it until I am scrapping pods off my glass every day for an extended period of time.
Sorry but how can you give advise if you never had 1 before? They're not as hard to keep as others said
__________________
alex07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 312
How long have u had urs? And yes they are I would love to hear tons of sucess stories and when I say sucess that means minumum 2 yrs.
__________________

__________________
FDshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dragon, feeding, mandarin, tips

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why did my Mandarin Dragonet die?? Cantareadio Saltwater Reef Aquaria 10 12-29-2011 02:36 PM
Mandarin Dragonet vs 3 months old tank nuwave59 Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR 18 12-07-2011 07:52 PM
Crowntail with black tips on fins? Jadedrain_06 Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish 3 11-22-2011 02:55 PM
Mandarin redsea Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR 13 08-19-2011 09:02 AM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.