Tips on aquascaping?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I make sure my rock doesnt touch the sides OR the back wall. It makes it so much easier to clean. :) How much rock in lbs are you adding?

Thats about what I have in mine. I have more than enough room with centering my rock so that i can reach behind the structure. How were you thinking you'd like it? With any caves or coves or stacking in a mound?

I am with Carey. I leave about an inch, give or take, around the back and edges so the waterflow isn't impeded and it allows clearance for the algae magnet cleaner thingy.

As for design...up to you. I thought I had found the perfect design the other day..I was going to recreate South America and Greenland in the tank :), however, the live rock pieces didn't cooperate. I ended up with my standard cove look but have a couple of shelves and holes/bridges.

Attachments

• NT2.jpg
    NT2.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 379
tlkng1 said:
I am with Carey. I leave about an inch, give or take, around the back and edges so the waterflow isn't impeded and it allows clearance for the algae magnet cleaner thingy.

As for design...up to you. I thought I had found the perfect design the other day..I was going to recreate South America and Greenland in the tank :), however, the live rock pieces didn't cooperate. I ended up with my standard cove look but have a couple of shelves and holes/bridges.

That's awsome!

This is my favorite biocube I've seen. I think I'll do something like this-covered in corals. I think I'll make a little egg crate tunnel and stack my rock on top of it to have a tunnel in my aquascape. I'd also like to do a little bit of a cove like tlkings.
And maybe an island for an aggressive coral like an elegance.

image-3803327806.jpg

I like this rockscape because it goes up high which is a must for me.

Attachments

• image-2517346569.jpg
    image-2517346569.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 300
  • image-1861494142.jpg
    image-1861494142.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 159
Back
Top Bottom