Titanium Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can someone post a link to a good titanium heater that you use? Im tired of the glass ones.
Thanks

I have heard of a number of cases of Viaqua titaniums failing, but only one for a Won Bros Pro-Heat titanium failing....personally, I have 16 of the Pro-Heats, and no problems so far, FW or SW.

I have 2 Pro-Heats and they work great. I am starting a new tank and bought a Viaqua. I hope they work just as good.

degbowl
Can you give me a link of the one you use? Also I have a 130 gallon tank. Do they make one thats large enough or do I need 2 of them?

Just curious, what's wrong with the old glass tube heaters? Why is a titanium better. I don't really see a price advantage one way or the other. The reason I ask is I need a new heater.

Here is a link from the company about the heater.
http://www.wonbrothers.com/product/heater/ICHEATER.htm
I have bought my heaters on ebay. Here is a link for one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/UNBREAKABLE-PRO...72561QQcategoryZ46311QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
It is not the same person that I dealt with, but if you look around you might find a good deal on one.
The link I have is for the ones with a dial to adjust temperature. They are very good. They also make one with a digital dial to adjust temperature. Either way you can't go wrong. HTH

Tex
From what I have read the titanium heaters are much more durable and therefore probably last longer. It doesnt take much to break a glass heater. Plus I think the titanium ones are more accurate...dont know but just a guess.

Thanks Degbowl for the link! I appreciate it!

I have had no issues with my heaters but they have never came on that I am aware of. I guess I should recommend MH lights. :D

I had a pro-heat go berzerk. Luckily the therm went on it. Imagine walking into your fish room to find the therm reading 102. I freaked. Of course one touch of the water (what was I thinking, lol... imagine if it really was 102) told me that wasn't right. Turns out that it was not 102 but more like 72 since the heater had stopped coming on. I was one of the lucky ones. A lot of times the go the other way and fry the tank.

I have 2 of those and 2 of the Stealths in my system right now and would love an alternative to the Pro-Heat. I've heard lots of problems with them (of course not until I had a problem with mine, lol). I wouldn't run one on a system without a temperature controller as a backup.

Oh great! I ordered one last night from Ebay! SO who else has had problems with these? I guess there is always someone somewhere that has a bad problem with one thing or another. Im just trying to make sure I dont get a heater that a LOT of people has had problems with.

fishman said:
degbowl
Can you give me a link of the one you use? Also I have a 130 gallon tank. Do they make one that’s large enough or do I need 2 of them?

I haven't had a problem with the Won-Bros either, it's always a good idea to have 2 incase one fails. Two 300w for a 130 gal is what I’d use depending on how many degrees your tank is off from where you want to keep it. I keep my house at 68 degrees or less all year.

I agree with the 2 heaters. Not incase one fails, but I would think you would have better distribution of the heat in that size tank. I guess if you have real good circulation of water around the heater then one would be ok.

Back
Top Bottom