Titianium grounding probe on ebay? do I need one???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The LFS guy sold me on one. I figured it can't hurt! Not sure if it's really necessary though...............anyone....anyone..........beuler.........beuler.........

I have heard that they are good for removing stray voltage and preventing HLLE in tangs. (I think I have the right acronym there, don't quite remember what it stands for).

I think there is severly lacking evidence that it does anything. I think it is more a concept.

Don't have one, don't plan on one.

It wont hurt anything thats for sure. I wouldnt get one off ebay. The potental to overpay is to great IMO for something like that as compaired to a regular online retailer.

In this hobby whats another 10-15 bucks. I have one in both my tanks, do they work??? I have never had any electrical issues in my tanks yet!!!!
Do they hurt the tank , No.

Not sure I buy into the theory behind it, and that is what it is. I think this is one of those paper experiements that no one has solidly proven. Much like the butterfly effect that breaks down in stage 1 of chaos theory, but only if you do an expansion of chaos theory.

Will it hurt, nope, as long as it is pure and not some cheap knock off that releases heavy metals into your system. I have 4 phs, a mag 9.5 and mag 36 in the same system and have yet to do the electric boog-a-loo, but then again, all of my power strips and pumps are grounded on GCFIs.

I have a probe on my tank and well as GCFI power strips and a drip loop on everthing. With all these electical componants submerged....I take no chances.
like Seaham said, whats another couple of bucks for a little security, even if some of it is just the perception of security. :)

Back
Top Bottom