to add sump or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acolotto

Aquarium Advice Freak
My 55 has been running for about 27 months now and was wondering if I should add a sump/rerfugium to it or just leave it? It has sustained coral and fish the whole time I actually have had a mandarin for a little offer year who does not eat prepared foods and do not supplement pods. I guess I'm asking if I should just leaver (why changes a good thing) or if I should add a sump to it? Are there any cons of adding a sump this far into my tank being setup and established or will it just benefit it?

Sumps are always a bonus to any system

Yea that's what I'm thinking but my tank already is established levels stay balanced for most part (calcium is high right now) corals are growing great, fish are healthy, and anemone is always out showing its bubble tips. I guess I'm just nervous and don't know if I should change a good thing? If that makes sense

I think theres just too many benefits to pass up. I see your concern, but if anything, the sump will make sure your tank stays balanced. Added water volume is always a good thing.

+1
And you could add cheato grow co pods for the manderin...

most likely going to add the sump im gonna get the model 3 proflex refugum sump. im not adding it for pods like i said i have had my mandarin for over a year and i know he does not eat prepared foods and he is nice and plump. I mostly want to add it to for the fuge and to hide equipment and add a better protein skimmer, possibly calcium reactor, chiller, and an ato

Skip the proflex. Build one yourself.

I see a lot of possible problems with the proflex because its built as a one-fit-all-tank sump.

The fun part is researching and eventually critiquing other sump/refugium before you build one to your liking. It should be a cheap project. You can always rebuild if you mess up.

Back
Top Bottom