To go sump, or not to go sump...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SirLight1337

Aquarium Advice Activist
That is the question. I have a 150 gallon thats been up for ohh, about 2 - 3 months. tank and all its inhabitants look FANTASTIC. My coraline algae appears to be growing as well.

Should i go sump now ? or buy more LR ( extra 50 lbs or more ) then go sump in a few months ?

I think i currently have maybe 100lbs ish + or - a few and a Ehiem pro 2 canister filter. also, is it at all possible to have my sump double as a little mini fuge ?

TIA

I would go sump if you could... nice investment. But... if you want more rock... that's always a first. It's a toss up really.

The sump can be a fuge, yes. It's all up to you how you set it up :wink:

SL,
I can't tell you whether to go sump or no sump, but if you go sump and want a mini-fuge, Rob (RLG2182) did an awesome DIY sump with fuge, that looks like it would go perfectly with what you have.

Here is the link. Really detailed and easy to follow (well, I'm trying it this weekend, so ask me Monday how easy it is :D ).

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=53046

Good luck. And one of the AA Aces can advise you on which direction to go with the rest of it (that is beyond me).

Good luck

Yea i saw robs writeup. Me and him have been PMing each other about that. The guy who was supposed to provide me with the free tank is being a mofo, and i found a pretty decent deal on a 30 gal acrylic sump. Me and glass things just do not have a good history. I fell through a 2 and a half inch glass coffee table ( lol that sucked big time ) broken numerous glass cups etc... I think it would be better for me to do the waiting thing. This hobby is all about patience, so ill just purchase some more LR and wait it out to see what opportunities present themself.

Back
Top Bottom