to much fish in 125g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WWodyz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

OK, these are what i have in my tank.
5 yellow tangs
1 atlantic blue tang
12 green chromis
6 4 stripe damsels
1 yelow watchman
1 engr goby
2 sml angel's
1 fox face
1 butterfly

I am certainly no expert, but you've definately exceeded the 2 inch per 10 gallon rule! Good luck with it

Dr.Nate said:
I am certainly no expert, but you've definately exceeded the 2 inch per 10 gallon rule! Good luck with it

HHMM... then, should i do water changes every week than my usual every 2 weeks?

What do you use for filtration? How are your water parameters? How old is the tank and how long have you had those guys together?

Wow! If your tank isn't telling you that there are too many fish good for you! I would think that you would be seeing ammonia, nitrite and nitrate problems and lots of agression if you were overstocked. But if you're not that's great. I take it you don't have any corals? Do tell us all about your magical reefkeeping skills that you can keep all that fish and not have any tank issues!

You gotta tell us how old your tank is and what your water readings are. Dying to know. How long you been stocked that way? How much rock? What kinda mechanical filtration?

If your tank isn't telling you that there are too many fish good for you!

I'll bet you knew the answer to your question before you asked it, didn't you? :? :roll:

I've looked over this guys history of posts. IMO it is nearly impossible to take him seriously. His fish list continually has a completely new cast of characters from one post to the next. So either he is abusing them and they keep dying (which would explain his question) or he has some really bad luck or he's simply full of fluff. 15 posts in 2 years is a little bit strange, don't you think? Especially when they're generally rediculous posts like this that he never gets around to replying to.

Without a pic of that tank, I'm inclined to think FOF.

On the tv game show called "distraction" they have a tank in the backround. You can just see a small portion but there are TONS of fish in it. Large fish also. And they are constantly swimming by the opening. I assume they are in a rather small tank.

WOW, what reply. For those of you i offended, SORRY! I was just simply asking a question. Got a 3rd degree instead of an answer. BUT i do have all those fish in my tank and also took up on your advice (gave it to a LFS)BUT man, i sounded like a killer and felt guilty after reading the reply.

I guess ill stick to just reading....MY APOLIGIES TO WHO EVER I OFFENDED..

8O . Ya, that is a lot of fish ya have there. Honestly, way over-stocked. How are your water parameters?

Back
Top Bottom