to much stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whisnantrider

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys,
I just need some advice/opinions. I have what I feel is a pretty packed up 75gallon but I have some one that wants to give me a Midas blenny that isn't working out in his tank. My stock and tank specs are listed below. Could you guys look it over and see if you think I may already have a few "to many" fish or if I would be fine adding the Midas? I really like this guy but I'm sure the wife would be :bad-words: if I traded out or got rid of any of the fish we currently have.

75G with appx 80-90 lbs live rock, appx 60lbs sand, 10G sump/refugium(soon to be 20G to 55G what ever I can get ahold of first), 75 Gallon skimmer (also soon to be up graded) two 800gph power heads and one 800gph return pump.

Refugium is stuffed with 3 Different Macros
Clean up crew of Misc hermits ?#, 2 serpant stars, 1 tiger conch, skunk cleaner shrimp, 3 turbos and nassarius snails ?#. (will be adding more snails and hermits as soon as I can find some one in northeast Fl to split an online order with)

mandarin goby, lawnmower blenny, pixy hawk, six line, 2 reef chromis, 2 false percs, diamond goby, orange spot shrimp goby.

Several different soft corals, frogspawn and candy canes.

Also if you think I'm fine adding him do you see any problems with him getting along with anyone? I read that lawnmowers can be agressive towards other blennies at time?

Thanks for any input.

personally I would think the extra fish would be OK. The fish you do have aren't exactly large, you don't have a bunch of tangs or anything LOL

I'm not sure about the blenny being aggressive, I have only one, a lawnmower and he seems pretty mellow. It may just depend on the fish.

I also think he would be fine. He should be alright with the lawnmower blenny as well, I'm thinking of adding a lawnmower to our large tank which has a midas blenny already and from what i'v researched they pretty much ignore each other. Makes sense since they aren't very similar in looks or swimming patterns. Does your live rock have lots of holes?? The midas will want to find a home where he feels safe, might want to put a cover on the tank if there isn't one already until he finds his home.

My lawnmower has such personality! he is very nosy and will stare at me when I'm messing with the tank. he eats algae like a fiend and also munches algae sheets too. So a very good choice in my opinion

Thanks for the input guys.

Yeah the lawnmowers are great little fish. Even though they are not the most brightly colored, they usually more then make up for that in personality and mine is almost constantly moving around. They are really great for algae. Mine eats so much he's got a little beer gut and I have offered no supplemental feeding since I got him.

Back
Top Bottom