Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to usmcmarc Send a message via MSN to usmcmarc Send a message via Yahoo to usmcmarc
I have seen my 6 Line swim thru my RBTA a few times (The GSM's promptly chased him away) and he was fine. I think most fish instinctively stay away. So you should not have to worry about it eating your fish.

Be warned...It WILL move around. So you might not want to affix your corals where they cant be moved. Mine was in one place for months, and just recently decided to up and move to the other side of the tank. I had to pry off all my coral and re-arrange everything. So, Let it settle in for at least a few months before placing any corals around it.

usmcmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:39 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had my tank for about 6 months and it killed my husband to wait the AA recommended 6 months but he did. His patience was finally rewarded this weekend when we purchased his RBTA, for $79 (I am jealous $35!!!) It is pretty large, maybe 6-7 inches in diameter. Our maroon clown (2, had them only a few weeks) fish could not even wait until in was out of his hand before they were already rubbing all over it. There was no hesitation for hosting in it, but I did a lot of reading regarding good pairings for clown fish and anemone. I do have one issue of concern: It is spotted with white/clear spots. I assumed it still maybe in a bit of shock from the move but I could not find anything online about these dots. Not sure what that is about. If anyone knows please let me know.

72 gallon bow front, koralia 1 powerhead, approx 30 gallon sump and separate 20 gallon display refugium, Aqua C protein skimmer, Live rubble filteration, 80 # of LR, and a 4 inch sand bed.
land locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 02:20 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
good luck with it! i cant wait to add it in when i pick up tomorrow.

mandown123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com