Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-17-2006, 07:04 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Since you're interested in pictures (i don't blame you), check out one of my galleries on picturetrail. It's really not organized or anything, but there's some nice pics of the stuff i have in the tank and things i've done to it.

Also, Lando has an awesome 75g tank. If you search for him, he's probably got some pics.
I think while the 75g isn't very big, it's really practicle and verstile. Size isn't everything. i've seen 30g setups that are amazingly beautiful and diverse.

I've also got some pics in my gallery.

75g reef
zenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:18 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 72gal boe front that is set up as a reef with softies, lps, sps, anemones, clams, a few fish etc...check my gallery for more info. If going FOWLR I would also consider a larger tank. I am sure I could have a very nicelt stocked 220 or larger for the same money I have spent on my reef.

Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose yet can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!:p
Have a great day! Brian
lando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:25 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi everyone,

thanks for everyone's advice and the pics were great. what camera did you have!? lol anyways, i guess my biggest problem is that i want everything. so many saltwater creatures look so amazing, makes me to want it all lol. i just want to make the best descision before i do anything. i figure since all the fish i like are prob going to be about 10 inches, i prob wont be happy with just 1 or 2 big fish. just too bad not all the fishes i want are compatable. why cant we all just get along!! lol. but thanks for everyone's input, i still got to get around to check out all the profile pics.
hollaatchun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 12:27 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
I have a 75 and would like a bigger tank but the location of my tank does not allow it. If I were to suggest something it would be to get a tank that is 24" deep. 18" just does not bode well for aquascaping. I saw a 4ft 120 that was 24" and it looked nice and deep. A 180 would be awesome if you had the room.

I keep a YT, a mandarin, a royal gramma, 2 damsels, a yellow watchman goby and a percula clown in my tank. I also have softies, LPS and SPS corals. I also have a 75 gal sump, a 20 gal refugium, a 20 gal and a 10 gal frag tank that is plumbed into the main system. Water volume is a good thing

*180 gal Display, 100 gal basement sump, 33 gal refugium, 3x250 MH, 2x160 VHO actinics, zoos, some softies, LPS & lots of acros and other SPS.
*100 gal prop tank plumbed into main system w/ 2x96 PC lights and 1x150 MH,
ellisz is offline   Reply With Quote

5 gallon, 75g, 75gal, 75gallon, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com