Toadstool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had mine on my frag rack and polyped amazing. But I moved it to the bottom and nothing at first but starting to polyp out but the tips aren't open. I have the long polyped btw. I have my vortech on a short pulse

I've moved mine from the bottom centre after a week of being closed to mid right just for a change and to see if there is more joy there. It attempted to open yesterday but closed up and has been ever since. I have my koralias on a wavemaker so it gets a nice flow over the top of it every so often. It just looks like it has constant goosebumps lol I'm not just if that's a good or bad sign

Mine likes the top of tank with medium flow. Most say high light good flow keep trying and it will response.

It helps hearing what works for everybody else. I'd read so much about them and different corals so i was aware of the problems but I was convinced my tank was ready for it or a different softie. It looked so beautiful in the lfs so we got it home and it just hasn't seemed happy since :( a little upsetting but it's good hearing people have experienced this and they usually pull through.

We're was it at in the lfs tank? Mine was high up and had little flow. The owner said high lighting and more flow would do it good. He's been in the business for over 20 years saltwater only. It took mine about 3 days went from high in tank to middle then low then back to top and its doing well now. The sign in oceans below is "This hobby requires a lot of patience" this always speaks to me arghhhhh!!

It was in a long, shallow tank with good flow so the equivalent of being on the top I guess. I can try move it again but I've only just moved it so I will give it a little chance to respond first. It's showed little signs of opening but then just closes again.

You should first pick a healthy specimen. Alot of the time the coral is adjusting to your lights adjusting it's zooanthale. It could take a couple months honestly. Depending on where it was in your LFS

It definitely looked healthy. I spent time watching it and asking questions. I was happy to take it home that day. I'm prepared to wait for it to open, I guess I was just looking for assurance from other hobbyists experiences that it should be ok

It will respond I am sure. I just picked up a huge finger leather and put it next to my toadstool and it is semi polyps right know. Check out my build tread for a pick if you want.

That looks awesome! Hopefully mine will look that way in due course. The trunk of mine is nowhere near that size. Yours is really impressive :)

Scottm84 said:
That looks awesome! Hopefully mine will look that way in due course. The trunk of mine is nowhere near that size. Yours is really impressive :)

Thanks. Yours will get there once you find it it's happy place

It seems to enjoy the blue light in the morning. It has opened itself up instead of being scrunched up but hasn't extended it's polyps. Yet doesn't act like this when the full lights are on. Could this be a lighting issue now?

It has been showing signs of opening up all day today but hasn't yet fully extended its polyps. This has surely got to be a good sign?

Yay :) finally. My clown fish are already hanging around it waiting for it to fully open up. They're convinced they have a new home although it's not big enough for them both

Scottm84 said:
Yay :) finally. My clown fish are already hanging around it waiting for it to fully open up. They're convinced they have a new home although it's not big enough for them both

Nice. Wish my black and white clown would host something besides the back wall. My marron lives in my bubble tip

If clowns host it, it can keep the toadstool from policing out. My toadstool has it's polyps hang out all day and goes back in when it's "bedtime". Same with most of my corals

Back
Top Bottom