toadstool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin0329

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, this is a picture of my toadstool. It really is a horrible cell phone picture but I'm not trying to capture its glory. My question is, its had its polyps retracted like this for about a week. It hasn't opened them up at all. And actually, the surface of it seems to appear shiny. I have heard this is a growing phase that they all go through, but in the six months I have had it, I have never seen it stay closed for this long of a period. Any idea what it is doing. How long can it take? I know it isn't upset or anything, just trying to learn a little more about my tanks inhabitants.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130809_214352.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130809_214352.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 74
I know that toadstools go the ought a phase where they create a slimy mucus every now and then. You could maybe use a turkey baster and blow at it? Or allow the powerhead to slowly create current towards it?

I have a toadstool that sheds like this and can take a week, sometimes longer. It always comes back bigger and happier. I have another that rarely sheds at all and is done in two days. If you haven't moved it or touched just let it do its thing.

I have a toadstool that sheds like this and can take a week, sometimes longer. It always comes back bigger and happier. I have another that rarely sheds at all and is done in two days. If you haven't moved it or touched just let it do its thing.

Perfect. And no I haven't changed anything nor touched it. However, do you actually see it shed? I don't see anything coming off of it.

Yes I usually do, it's like a skin but it may have happened or will happen overnight so you may not see it and certain CUC members might eat it before you see it.

Back
Top Bottom