Toadstool Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Petey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has any keept a toadstool coral or know how difficult they are to keep. My LFS has one and it's incredible, but I'm not sure what it's specific needs are. I'd like to get a couple perc clowns to host it if it wouldn't cause me any grief.

Thanks

They are easy - moderate. Place in low - mid light conditions. They require decent amount of flow to help them shed. Dosn't require direct feeding.

There is no gaurantee that the percs will take the toadstool as a host.

toadstools are generally easy to care for. i found mine was a little picky about placement. it prefers the bottom of the tank and a pretty high flow bouncing off the glass. my clown wont go near it, but my clown goby uses it like a house even when it is closed

steve r

Clown's hosting in it may actually annoy the coral. My clowns used to host in my frogspawns which caused them to retract, they never actually went in my large toadstool. My gold stripe maroon clown actually hosts/sleeps in one of my huge xenia fields.

I have one that is very easy to care for. It is always open, unless it is shedding. I have had for about 4 months I guess. Just last week, my small perc started moving around in it. It would retract it's poylps. Now both clowns sleep and live in it, and it keeps it's poylps fully expanded. It loves it, it seems. :wink:

This is the easiest coral I have had to date.

Back
Top Bottom