toadstool leather in trouble!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwtowmaster

Aquarium Advice Activist
For two days my 2 toadstools look hurt'in there leaning over to the side.look limp w/ white poka dots all over them ,like chicken pox,eveything else looks alrite.It doen't look like there shedding and they usually dont shed at the same time.mybe bad reaction from additive?I'v been useing kalkwasser for makeup water,Iodine,kent supplement for ro/di water and s/m (srtontium&molybdenum).tests look good phosphate were high but came down alot.used phosphate sponge.got most out.Im open for Ideas

Hmm, can we get a pic of the toadstool and specifically the white spots? Have you insected the toadstool for parasites, is anything in the tank picking on the toadstool?

no digital cam,looks like something got sprinkled like dust or sand on it, some of it got wiped off w/ my fingers.but they look pale,trunk looks like it wants to shrivl up .doesnt look like anything alive on it. there laying on the tank bed,like a fallen tree

Ok, what are the parameters?
Ammonia
Nitrite
PH
Alk
Nitrate
CA
PO4
Temp

used phosphate sponge.got most out.Im open for Ideas

When did you use the PO4 sponge? Most PO4 absorbing media use aluminum oxide which is particularly annoying to leather corals :wink:

I would remove the sponge and do a watrchange. Do not expect immediate results, but hopefully it will open up in the next few days. You should also get an Alk kit, the calcium is a little low, but not enough to cause a problem.

Back
Top Bottom