Toadstool Leather Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin0329

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a toadstool that I purchased about a month ago and I am seeing some really great growth. It's base is about the diameter of a roll of quarters. My concern is that it is attached to a small piece of rock rubble. Its not nearly large enough to weigh it down anymore. I have picked a perfect rock that I would like to attatch it to but the only way i can see it being done is to cut the very bottom of it's base (to remove the rock) and then to super glue it to the new rock. Ive tried just wedging it between larger rocks but it isn't trying in the least to attatch to a new rock. Will this cause any stress or possibly kill it? Also, will the super glue (of the gel veriety) even stick to the leather? Any advice would be wonderful and greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!:thanks:
user_online.gif

First off, it is typically against forum etiquette to double post, and I believe against the rules here...... Since your coral isn't sick, I'll answer this post.

No, gel super glue typically doesn't work with soft corals like leathers & mushrooms. When disturbed, they tend to ooze a protective slime that prevents the glue from sticking. You can either use a rubber band or fishing line to tie them to the rock, or I've even heard of people running the fishing line through the base of the coral with a large gauge mattress needle and then tie it to the rock..... never tried that one myself. Usually takes a week or two for the coral to take hold, then remove the tie down material.

Your absolutely right. I posted first in sick category and it said it didn't actually post. So I tried it here. Needless to say, it did. If someone can delete my first post in the sick category, that would be great!

Second, thank you very much for your reply. I don't know what ill try or if ill even try anything but now I do know what I can do and that is want I was looking for.

I'm sure a mod will catch it. Or you can go back, edit out the text, and replace it with "Double post, please delete".

No problem.... actually quite easy after a time or two.

Tie it down with fishing line. Use a needle go all the way thru wiggle it some to make the hole a little larger use some small test line 10 or 20 whatever you have then tie it to the rock. If you have a hole to wedge it in some it will attach quicker here's one I did.

Attachments

• image-1469152756.jpg
    image-1469152756.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 94
When it heals up you could cut the line it might slide out if not the leather grew around it. I wouldnt force it out.

Back
Top Bottom