tomato clown is crazy lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently got a torch frag and put it in my 34 long which houses my tomato clown, ever since I put that in he hangs around it but not IN it so idk if he thinks its an anemone maybe but whats crazy is that whenever i put my hand in the tank, he bites me! and when i go near the torch frag he goes nuts. will hebe a problem for my future fish? he doesnt bother my clown or two spot goby but they stay on the bottom

A couple years ago I made the mistake of getting a tomato clown when I already had 2 true perc clowns he was very aggressive at all the fish even me lol ended up returning him

My tomato does that as well. He is around 3-4 inches and gets a "swimming" start from the other side of my 125 and will hit you, it can be quite startling. Never had a problem with any other fish....

he's hosting the frogspawn, it's fairly common although it doesn't always happen; and yes they are very protective of their host! You prob wont be able to place anything else near it, it will leave the other fish alone as normal as long as they steer clear of the frogspawn.

Tomatos are VERY territorial fish. Once they stake out their territory, they'll fight for it. Your hand, fish, whatever. I'm sure other fish will learn to steer clear quick enough.

Back
Top Bottom