tomato clown sharing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wanderer90

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey everyone and TIA,

i have had a tomato clown hosting a condy anemone for about 3 months now. i just bought a rose colored bubble tip and was wondering if the clown would host two anemones at once or would it leave the condy since the condy isn't supposed to host a clown anyway or will the bubble tip just be without a clown?

TIA again,
Leo

It may switch to the RBTA, or it may stay with the condy. Or it may even go back and forth. Good luck with the new anemone.

Reefrunner what do you mean? Condys don't naturally host any clowns, so I think the clown more so forces itself into the anemone. My pair of clarkiis hosted a condy, and it didn't seem to happy. It then decided it would make a dash for the PH :|

That may well be the case...but the anemone is still the host, the anemone is the house, the clown is the guest. Clowns do not host anemones or corals or anything, ;) Like I said, it was petty, but thought someone might appreciate the correct terminology. A clown adopts a host and an anemone or surrogate hosts the clown.

Back
Top Bottom