Tomini Tang behaviour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my tomini tnag thats been in my 55g qt for the last week has been sleeping on its side under rocks like my blue tang did. Is this normal? He is getting scraped up on her sides and I'm not sure how to proceed. I could place him in an empty 10g tank for the next week but i fear that will stress him out what with just being moved to the 55g then to a 10g then to the 125g.

Any input? Anyone have one that did this? He is fine and swims around all day long eating too but at night curls up under a rock. I'm also worried about the scratches he has now. No ich or white spots and not flashing or anything.

help ?

thanks!!

I would take the rocks out and put a piece of 4-6" PVC in there for him to curl up in..I think if he's acting fine during the day ,he'll be ok

My tomini is now digging under a rock for his home. :-( It looks exactly like a trigger fish when he does it. he is picking up sand with his mouth and making a pile of it so he can get in there. Kinda like my cichlids do too. he's almost down tot he glass bottom.

I;m really starting to get worried now, he is scheduled for transfer to the 125g this weekend. he's eating well, both frozen and pellets but won't touch the seaweed sheets I put in there.

he is kinda shy but lets me check him out unlike my blue tang that still wont let me get too close to the tank

Should I be worried? he seems to like to hide during the day and now, he's out and swimming about and its almost lights out time.

what if anything should I do? I plan on taking the aiptasia infested rock pout tomorrow and I bought a HUGE pvc pipe for him already .

I guess I'm just being overly concerned. lol His time in QT is almost up and I wanted to be sure he was ready for the move to the 125g.

I just find it really odd behavior, my lfs didnt know what to make of it either. maybe just looking for some reassurances so I don't stress out about moving him.

Thanks for responding. :-D

Back
Top Bottom