Tons of small shrimps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Last night after some time that the lights of the tank went off, I noticed how my fishes went crazy and acting like if there was food in the water. I took a small light from the phone and I saw how the water was full with very little small white/transparent spots which were swimming around (I presume of shrimps). The fishes are part of them and after 10 min there was no trace of them, or at least we of them remained.

Is it s common thing to see so many small shrimps all of the sudden? Good or bad thing? More importantly...how it happen?

The tank is an 7 months 65g (RSM 250c), 35 kg of life rock, bunch of hermit crabs, sea urchin, some slugs, 2 cleaner shrimps, 2 wundermanii shrimps, sand sea star, Red Sea star. It is a reef tank with a good amount of LPS and only a small frag of monti and milka coral.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Last night after some time that the lights of the tank went off, I noticed how my fishes went crazy and acting like if there was food in the water. I took a small light from the phone and I saw how the water was full with very little small white/transparent spots which were swimming around (I presume of shrimps). The fishes are part of them and after 10 min there was no trace of them, or at least we of them remained.

Is it s common thing to see so many small shrimps all of the sudden? Good or bad thing? More importantly...how it happen?

The tank is an 7 months 65g (RSM 250c), 35 kg of life rock, bunch of hermit crabs, sea urchin, some slugs, 2 cleaner shrimps, 2 wundermanii shrimps, sand sea star, Red Sea star. It is a reef tank with a good amount of LPS and only a small frag of monti and milka coral.

Thanks!

more than likely just pods.

But how come i couldn't see so many before and last night it was full of them?

Back
Top Bottom