OK, I've been doing some searching on this site regarding RO
units. I know I want to purchase one, but there appears to be quite a few options available. I have a 90-gallon tank being delivered today (yee haw!), and I want to provide my own water, rather than purchasing from the LFS
. Here are my questions:
1. How many GPD do you think I need to support my 90 gallon tank?
2. I will be connecting this unit to a garden hose, NOT under my sink. I assume I need a garden hose adapter. I don't need to be concerned about sewer backup with this kind of setup, do I?
3. Should I go for clear filter housings? I think there are also colored ones available.
4. Do I need a permeate pump?
5. Should I get a pressurized storage tank or skip that and store the water in large buckets?
6. Should I buy a unit with a pressure gauge or purchase one separately?
7. Should I buy a unit with a TDS
meter or purchase one separately?
8. Should I buy a 4, 5, or 6 stage unit?
9. Any recommended brands?
10. Should I purchase off of eBay or bite the bullet and pay full price at one of the online sites?
That's all my questions for now. I'd appreciate any and all help.
I'm really excited about starting this new hobby, and want to avoid any mistakes (and yes, I know I'll make some) if at all possible. 8)