Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-10-2004, 11:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to WarOrks15 Send a message via MSN to WarOrks15
Too many fish

i have no fish right now in my 46 gal tank. i have 36 lbs of live rock and am adding another 30 after liverocks.com gets the keys rock. but now i am thinking about stocking the tank. it has been up since the end of dec. now is this way too many fish or not.

1x flame angel
1x flam hawkfish
1x yellow watchman goby
2x Ocellaris clownfish
and maybe Maybe a mandarin goby in a long long time

it is going to be a reef tank i have a few corals in there now. i would not add them all at once i would do it over a year or so. the clown and the yellow watch man would be going in there soon in the next month or so and the flame angel would be last. what do you think do you think it is way to much fish for a 46 gal tank. i have a sump and thinking about adding a HOB refugium and the sump dose not have any bioball and is going to get some live rock soon to take the place of the balls.

Old 03-11-2004, 05:15 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
1x flame angel
1x flam hawkfish
1x yellow watchman goby
2x Ocellaris clownfish
and maybe Maybe a mandarin goby in a long long time
Skip the mandarin, the tank is probably not large enough to support it. The rest....is probably pushing it, but it's close, IMO. If you stock it slowly adding the last fish (flame hawk) at about the 6 month point for the tank...it should be OK, IMO.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 05:57 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

ok thanks i know it might be pushing it becasue it would need about 96 gal for the 1" per fish rule but i did not know if i could get away with about 2.5 " per gal. i will slowly add the fish.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:25 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

forget the manderin, they need larger tank, more live rock. Otherwize, i love the stocking list! :P
Old 03-11-2004, 10:26 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

forget the manderin, they need larger tank, more live rock. Otherwize, i love the stocking list! :P
Old 03-11-2004, 11:34 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

ya they are all the fish that are know to eather look cool or are vary different them the normal fish. like the flam hawk fish runs around the tank watching other fish and things move will sitting on a rock. same with the yellow watchman. and the clowns i love how they swim. there whole body moves. i cant wate till payday to start getting some fish in this tank. pods and shrimp can only be fun to watch for so long. and corals well they really do not move vary much.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com