Too many inverts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Inverts do not contribute to overall bioload like fish do, so over stocking is not as big of a concern. however, looking at your list I have a couple of suggestions. The anemone may need more light. You have about 1.25watts/gal and they really need upwards of 4watts/gal to survive long term. The horseshoe crab an become difficult to keep. As it sifts through the sand it can topple rock work and damage tanks. They have a huge appitite and can quickly deplete the fauna in a sand bed then slowly starve to death. Not to mention they can get huge. Flame scallops are notoriously hard to keep long term, no one can really figure out why. Other then that your list looks good. Are there any other inverts you are interested in keeping?

im jumping on board with this post too! having such as small tank (10 gal) i'm limited to only two fish.... but i adore my inverts and often wonder about over stocking. i think that the amount of food available plays a large roll in this question, once theres no more algea or fauna or "stuff" for the inverts to eat not only will they starve, but then the filtration will be lacking too right? but i dont know how many inverts it would take to do that. so i'm really no help what so ever. just throwing more confusion into the question probably huh? you can ignore me if this made no sense, its been a long week :roll:

Back
Top Bottom