Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-22-2004, 04:40 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Yes it is loud. When I first got my rock in, I extracted my pistol from the rock and had them in a little plastic container. This container was sitting on the kitchen counter and the shrimp were way less than a inch long. My wife and I were startled how loud they popped in the container. You could hear them over the TV in the next room.
BTW, we did end up putting them in the tank.

quarryshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 07:58 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got one double barreled pistol....both claws are the same size and huge! He's popped at me a few times while messing around in the tank.

fireman26m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 10:09 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Location: From the Chicago Burbs, stationed in Okinawa, Japan
I thought I had a mantis, because I kept hearing popping noises in my tank. I made a DIY mantis trap one night, and in the morning I found 3 pistols shrimps, in the trap. They were all a little less than a 1/2 inch. They didn't make any popping noises when I had them out in a container. I kept them, and I hear them every night, but I never see them.

29g SW, 50lbs LR, 20h sump w/ Mag 5 and Quietflo 600gph overflow, AquaC Remora Skimmer w/ MJ1200, 2x65w Satellite PC's, 2xMJ600.
Livestock: 3 Percs, 1 Lawnmower Blenny(RIP),1 Leather, 1 Mushroom, 1 Zoo
tee78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com