Too many snails??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sango

Aquarium Advice Freak
I won a auction on ebay for 50 NASSARIUS OBSOLETA snails. Well they came in today and the guy sent me 150. About 120 of them made it. Befor I put them in the tank I already had 40 snails. So now there is about 160 snails in a 90 gallon tank? Just curious if this is way too many. TIA

Probably. Is there any other sw folk in your area you could share with? This happened to me also when I ordered but luckily I had two tanks to put them in.

No not really. I called a few LFS and none of them would take any. Im thinking I need to get rid of about 60-70 of them.

How old is the tanK? I suspect they'll be starving soon if new. Even if an older tank, I'd agree you've got too much.

Fols usually add snails slowly as food sources grow and increase.

Yeah its a pretty new tank.. Im reading the these snail dont eat algea. Is this true? That was really the main purpose I bought these... So what should I do now?

JPloman.. I no longer use pay pal. Sorry. But let me know if you still want some . Maybe pm here

Back
Top Bottom