Too many snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scatcat

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok it looks like a snail factory over here. I have a 24g tank with 10 or 11 margarita snails (top looking ones) and about 20 Nassarius
(black looking snails that bury in the sand) These are not burying in my sand they seem to be interested in the glass and rocks right now. Anyway is this to many? Sure looks like alot in my poor little tank right now.

Rachel

I have about 350 to 400 nassarius in my 150 so I'm the wrong person to say. :roll: But I don't think so, the only way to have to many snails is if they are starving.

I'm thinking I may not have to worry if my sea urchin continues to eat the poor things.

:?
Rachel

Honestly, I count snails as a regular expense. I've lost a ton of them during the learning process. It happens.

LOL im sure your fine. For a cleanup crew in my 125gal i have 60 astrea snails, 2 emerald crabs, 4 pepermints, 150 small blue leg hermits, and i still need alot more snails....OH i cant forget the dominator of algae, the killer of green......The green eating machine SHYN... a.k.a... So HOt Your Not (The orange shoulder tang)

Man i love that fish!! :lol:

Well all I can do is wait and see how many survives at this point. My tank is not big enough for a tang. I wish.

Rachel

Back
Top Bottom