Too Much Circulation???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utradeshow

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi Guys, I have a 75gal SW

I have added things to the tank, and with my battle with Hair Algea. Anyway I added up my circulation and was very surprised!!!!!

Here is what I have:

In Sump- Mag 7 for return 700gal w/height 4ft probably 400gal
Mag 3 on Remora Pro skinmmer 350gal

Magnum 350 running Phos bag only 350 Gal
Rotating powerhead 290gal
Aqua clear 500 500gal
That's 1890gal/hr

That's 25 times per/hr!!!!!

My sand isn't moving and the current doesn't look to strong..
Is this too much though????????????????

Wouldn't think so. It just keeps your o2 levels good and high. As long as your current isn't so strong that it disturbs your animals it should be fine. JMHO

Where is your skimmer? If its in the sump then it has zero affect on the tank's water flow.

Thats not to much flow by a long shot. ;) Im sure thats giving you a good random current pattern inside the tank and thats exactly what you want.

i have almost 50 times per hour! everything looks happy. nothing really get a direct blast unless it moves into the flow. i dont 25 sound like too much at all

steve r

I do not think that is too mcuh turnover. I have a 72 gal. with a Mag 7 from the sump and three maxi-jet 1200 PH. About 26 times/hr for me. Just make sure you get good surface aggitation and that there are no dead spots in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom