Too much CUC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there are several types of nerite snails too. When I get nerite snails I put them in a 10g tank overnight to see which ones stay in the water and which ones climb up and or out of the tank.

Yeah if i woulda known, lol. It seems all 10 of them are top side snails. What a waste of money! hehe

They hang there till lights out then do the dirty deed. Some do have a habit of climbing out. IMO you're CUC is on the high side. As good dwindles so will they, as they will if you have any predators in the tank.

I'm glad I only bought the clean up crew pack for a 25 gallon! lol

I caught my goby eating a tiny snail the other day, is that normal? How long does a cuc generally last? I dont think theres any predators to them in the tank really.

They look like turbos - ones on glass. They will start to move all over the tank - glass, lr, p skimmer, heater, p head Mine have been on the move ever since day one. Only have 3 t snails in my 40 They don't really stay one spot - which I'm guessing is good, more cleaning. I have cut down on cleaning my glasss with that magnetic cleaner - figured I'm scraping off what they should be eating/cleaning. Do you clean ur glass often with magnetic scraper?

Hardly ever. I have alot of algae eating fish plus the over loaded cuc lol.

I lost one in my protein skimmer, I dont even know how he got up into it. i have to clean it out and see hw many are in there.

How did your p skimmer suck it up? U don't have that foam around where water gets in?? What p skimmer you have??

Yes, merited like to crawl out above the water line. The Florida ceriths also that, but they are not big.

Carey, Im not sure if it was already mentioned, but hermit crabs kill and eat snails for their shells. So it's a good idea to put in extra shells

thincat said:
Carey, Im not sure if it was already mentioned, but hermit crabs kill and eat snails for there shells. So it's a good idea to put in extra shells

Lol I got 20 extr shells for them. I only have bout 15 hermits

i agree with Hutchball " that time of the month" becasue i woke up this am and 2 of the 3 were around the top area

Just a thought, maybe a coincidence...

I noticed a lot of surface 'scum' on my water, like a light sort of oily layer. Turns out I had the water level too high for the filters, etc, to work properly. So I lowered it and the surface it crystal clear now. (the skimmer went mad for a day it two!)

Now my snails are all happily snailing around the rocks and lower levels.

It it possible the bad stuff on the surface was acting as a water-air barrier so the water was not aerating itself as efficiently as it should causing the snails to seek higher ground?

Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom