Too Much Flow for Duncans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have my Duncans near the bottom of the tank where I thought the flow was mild enough but it's enough to keep the polyps pointed left all the time.

It's colored up, eats well and looks healthy. Is this even a problem?

I'm having a similar scenario with my Duncan's! I was told they were tolerable of high flow, and 4/5 heads are on mine. One stays slightly retracted while the other heads sway. How much flow do you have In your tank?

I have no idea. I have a Jaebo that's maxed at 1400gph, on else mode. I have a Koralia Evo which is 900 GPH I think (secondhand) and my return pump is about 1,000 but the ball valve tapers it in half or it overflows the tank. So... 2800 in about 130 gallons = 21+x the volume.

I have close to 45 times turnover in my 20 gallon and my Duncan's love it. They're on the bottom and their tentacles really blow around in the current.

Sounds like I need to add in my second Jaebo. I was saving it in case of failure of the first one.

Should I place it on the same side or opposite the first one?

Opposing sides would be best. This would create a more natural, random flow.

Done. The Duncan's are now facing forward and the hammers are going nuts. I might need to turn it down or play with the controller settings.

Back
Top Bottom