Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-18-2004, 10:20 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Too small for a qt?

I am thinking of starting up a qt. I don't have a lot of room in my townhouse, with the wife, son, and dog along with all the crap I've accumulated through the years there.

The only place I could see putting a qt is in my stand.

Here's the problem- the only size I could fit is maybe a 3 gallon eclipse type system in the cabinet.

I only plan on having fish that are up to 4" in total length (clowns, shrimp gobies, etc...)

Would this be too small for a qt?

My initial thoughts are that a small one is better than none at all, but if the fish feel too cramped and die, it wouldn't be worth much.

Does anyone have any opinions on this?

Thanks again,

"Okay brain - you don't like me and I don't like you, so lets just get through this and then I can continue killing you with alcohol" --Homer Jay Simpson
logman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:25 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
if thats all you can do, then it will have to do. I would suggest a 10 gallon if you could squeeze it.
Just make sure the fish are small and qt them 1 at a time.
A 4" fish would be too large for this tank. IMO
quarryshark is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com