Top of water question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emricson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my 30 gallon tank running for over 2 months now, and one day after cleaning out my RemoraC skimmer perfilter sponge I started to get a dirty film across the top. I understand that the skimmer will make the top look slimy, but there are brown particles in the layer of slime. This problem has been there for about 3 weeks.

In my tank I have one Damsel, 7 hermit, 1 emerald crab, and 4 snail. I also have to 2 Maxi-Jet 900 ph and 38 pounds of lr. ANy suggestions.

aim a powerhead toward the top of the water line this will stir the film up so the skimmer can pull it out ! im guessing you dont have any overflow ? which is why the film is there !

What do you mean about not having overflow? The skimmer is returning water to the tank.

overflow meaning water flows out of the tank into a sump! if not you going to have to point a powhead toward the surface to break up the slime coat on your water surface:)

Oh Ok I understand now. No I done have an overflow. I will give it a try thanks for the help.

The remora has a surface skimmer attachment that will take water from the top of teh tank into the skimmer. What your seeing is the DOC's collecting at the top of the waters surface.

Back
Top Bottom